Liverpool fans and McManaman?

Bluemoon115 said:
Because he left on a free.

Wrongdoing on all sides, but mostly on the part of Houllier (and LFC).

His contract was expiring. They offered him a deal. He accepted. Then before it could be signed, they told him they were lowering the offer, not only below the offer that was agreed, but below what was his current wage (and remember, this is when he was half decent). So he let it be known he was pissed off (the club were obviously trying to make him look like a fool, it worked), Real came in with an offer, he went.

It's a shame he was so shit for us, because as a bloke he was dead sorted.

The 1st time i've disagreed with you on anything! I happen to know this is a little off the mark, as most of the lads in the dressing room couldn't stand the blurt. He took freebies, (mobile phones, bluetoooth stuff, training stuff etc) and sold it to his MATES! I know this is 100% accurate as my workmate, grew up with and is still to this day, a player who was in our 1st team quite regular at the time.

If you can be arsed, pm me and i'll tell you the player.

He is such a dick on EsPN, I can't stand him. When he's doing a City match, he is unbelievably negative about us, every single chance he gets he takes a dig at us.

Hate this muppet.

edgecroft said:
He is such a dick on EsPN, I can't stand him. When he's doing a City match, he is unbelievably negative about us, every single chance he gets he takes a dig at us.

Hate this muppet.

Didnt we pay him 50k a week for 2 years. Think he have something nice to say

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Wexford Blue said:
Surprised at this because Liverpool fans are famously tolerant of any perceived slights, seldom take offence...

The biggest surprise is they didnt have a minutes silence for it

They intend to hold a midnight vigil, groups of wailing scousers beating thier breasts clad in polyester track suits are making thier way to Anfield having first tipped of the media.

anymore than 2sheiks said:
Looking on a Liverpool forum I noticed that most of them despise the fella. I can understand the hatred of owen but I thought McManaman and Fowler were at the forefront of the support for the striking dockers.What's he done since then to upset them so much?
Apparently, he waved his arms around too much, whilst his feet remained stationary. And of course there's the hair! Didn't he straighten it towards the end of his time there?

Watching Both him and Fowler on Live TV now being pundits in their own right,they both IMO have nothing to say positively about Man City as a Football Institution.They come across as Mercenaries who,when their legs were going joined whoever for their wages.Journeymen.How sad to know their intentions were not true in hindsight.

Still remember his 1st goal for liverpool- a diving header at Platt lane end on a night match at city. we won 2-1 ,white had a stormer and we went top of the league IIRC.Think he played as a striker that night-dont recall him ever scoring a diving header for the rest of his career.

Atmosphere in the kippax that night was fantastic-beating the scousers in those days was a rare event.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.