Liverpool fans and McManaman?

Just read his book El Macca. Prior to the read wasn't his biggest fan because I felt that he never did enough at City and was a little bit of a disappointment to me (apart from his debut where he absolutely ran the show against Villa!!). But from reading it my perception has changed. He comes across really well, all those he played with in Madrid held him in high regard and the fact that he is the most decorated export from England ever suggests he must have had something about him! Just a shame he never excelled at city!

dennishasdoneit said:
Still remember his 1st goal for liverpool- a diving header at Platt lane end on a night match at city. we won 2-1 ,white had a stormer and we went top of the league IIRC.Think he played as a striker that night-dont recall him ever scoring a diving header for the rest of his career.

Atmosphere in the kippax that night was fantastic-beating the scousers in those days was a rare event.

one of my favourite ever city games that one.

citykev28 said:
dennishasdoneit said:
Still remember his 1st goal for liverpool- a diving header at Platt lane end on a night match at city. we won 2-1 ,white had a stormer and we went top of the league IIRC.Think he played as a striker that night-dont recall him ever scoring a diving header for the rest of his career.

Atmosphere in the kippax that night was fantastic-beating the scousers in those days was a rare event.

one of my favourite ever city games that one.

Was that the game, in which White scored off the underside of the crossbar and Saunders missed a(nother) penalty against us?

taconinja said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
The biggest surprise is they didnt have a minutes silence for it
Or boycott a newspaper and demand that the entire world join them.

Comparing a footballer leaving his club to the smearing of 96 dead football fans is a bit out of order, even if it is the Scousers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.