Liverpool (h) - CL QF post match thread

Yeah I agree that overall he'll be held to a different standard for the reasons you listed - but will Khaldoon hold his tongue when describing what happened? Because he didn't after what I thought was a far more defensible 1-0 in Madrid in a CL semi - the competition the brass value the most.
As I recall I think Khaldoon was more upset by the lame way we went out against Real Madrid, granted we went out more spectacularly to Liverpool, but especially the first half at home no one could question what the team put in

Has to be one of the weakest looking semis there's been, considering real are 4th in la liga and Bayern arnt all that this year

Real 4th in their league, Roma 4th in their league, Liverpool 4th in their league (assuming Spurs win their game in hand). All miles behind the leaders. One of them might well win the Champion's league but it would be hard for any of those 3 to claim to be champions of Europe, when they won't be anywhere near champions of their own country,

As I recall I think Khaldoon was more upset by the lame way we went out against Real Madrid, granted we went out more spectacularly to Liverpool, but especially the first half at home no one could question what the team put in

To me, the display at Liverpool without a shot on target was far more troubling. Sure we tried hard in first half of return leg but disappeared in second. At this level you don't get cookies for trying hard in one half out of four. But what I think is a lot less interesting than how the brass will view the two situations - and i'm sure they've thought about it.

To me, the display at Liverpool without a shot on target was far more troubling. Sure we tried hard in first half of return leg but disappeared in second. At this level you don't get cookies for trying hard in one half out of four. But what I think is a lot less interesting than how the brass will view the two situations - and i'm sure they've thought about it.
well football is all about opinion and I respect yours, but to me shots on target isn't always that insightful a sat, the way we play with teams pressed back we are often closer to scoring with that final pass than one would be with five shots from outside the box that the keeper scoops up and lets not forget we hand a good shout for a penalty and a very marginal offside call for the goal that was ruled out and when I say all this I should point out that I'm not someone that backs Pep all the time.

well football is all about opinion and I respect yours, but to me shots on target isn't always that insightful a sat, the way we play with teams pressed back we are often closer to scoring with that final pass than one would be with five shots from outside the box that the keeper scoops up and lets not forget we hand a good shout for a penalty and a very marginal offside call for the goal that was ruled out and when I say all this I should point out that I'm not someone that backs Pep all the time.

Don't think we've problems going forward at all, what I am concerned about is how dodgy we've looked at the back. Good sides will continue to expose us badly if Pep doesn't address this in the summer. As much as Peps attitude to defence is to control the ball and attack, City's always going to come up against a good side whether domestically or in europe where they'll have to defend and soak up pressure. Liverpools main attacks came in the poor first half at anfield and the 2nd at our place and there forwards ran riot against a defence that looked well shockingly inept, the rest of the games we controlled possession, attacked and we're unlucky with decisions. I'm not gonna moan too much given i still think we've played incredibly well this year and were still fucked over by poor decisions against Liverpool but it's defo an area that's let us down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.