Liverpool (h) CL QF pre-match thread

Liverpool (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
One goal just before half-time, one just after and the rest of the game trying to get two would be my strategy

Flying at them fro the off could be suicidal

Obviously you can't pick and choose when to score, it's football. But this approach is sensible. There is something demoralising about hanging on through heroic defending almost to half time, only to concede. The seeds of doubt are planted. Having said that, 2 early goals would be even better. But, it's impossible to predict.
I don't think we'll qualify. Although I didn't think Wigan would beat us, and at half time on saturday I thought we'd won the league. It's football. I'll still be there cheering though.

Do any of you know what are the odds of City to progesss to the semis of CL.
I am guessing - may be 4-1 against ?.
Having NOT checked out any bookies.

The worst thing we can do is to stop going for it, even if we concede or are three goals up without reply.

Extra time would be a killer for us in terms of legs and the away goal threat.

The more we score, the more we change the dynamic and remove the away goals threat.

Imagine being 4-0 up and then trying to put a lid on it - that's when you invite pressure and the margin for error.

The "if Liverpool score it's over" narrative is way wide of the mark in my opinion.
This game is going to be decided by whether or not we take our chances.
City will get 5-6 very good chances at least during the 90 minutes - we always do - if we take them we'll go through.

They will sit back and just ping balls over our exposed high line unless we play a totally different way. I will always believe we have a chance but unless Pep trys something different with us tonight I can't see us not conceeding a daft goal or two.

Not winning second balls and giving away cheap freekicks around box where they can perfectly cross it in for our defence being very high ala Smalling this weekend.

These are my main worries with their pace on counter not even mentioned.

Our chances to get through are vert limited to say the least. Impossible? No.

I don’t think we should throw everyone foreward from the start. If we play our normal game, including the first half vs the scum, we will press opponents more than enough and create chances. We do need to be really clinical in front of goal.

If we can turn it over it would be a huge step growing in to this league. The support needs to be when we played Hamburg. I.e. electrifying. Even when it’s not going our way. The 15min spells that happened to us might happen for us.

Very much agreed.
Our normal game = 433, control, stay calm, passpasspass, create chances. And today: convert convert convert.
Pep is a control freak and he will stick to his philosophy. Back to basics now.

As @Marvin said 1-0 (ht) would be fully on track. Fans have to keep cool and believe. 90 minutes time for 3-0, at least.
As @The slaughtered lamb said don't stop at 3-0, don't start thinking, just go on. Use our momentum.

Maybe the lesson we got in the derby just came in time.
For the players: keep fighting till the end. If we defend, do it passionate. The wingers have to help, too (Sané and Bernardo in the derby didn't).
For the fans: don't stop supporting at ht
AND be back after ht to welcome back our lads on the pitch and push them.
We need to push them. They gave us so much this season, payback tonight.
We also have to outsing dipper fans.

Pep will probably play in a controlled manner,moving Pool around probing here and there
If the chess approach doesnt work then it will be a case of thumping it across the face of goal and see where it lands ,so Jesus and Aguero will need to be on together,with Sterling and Sane providing the ammo

My only worry is, i cant really not see them scoring. We have conceded 6 goals in 2 games and don't look overly confident. Also missing a load of sitters doesn't help with the pressure
we will win the leg but i cant see us going through, really really hope i'm wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.