Liverpool (H) Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll concede that having just watched it again, but he did leap off the floor and have his studs up on the leading leg.

Anyway, said my piece, we schooled klopp and his team, we must now ensure this win means something by continuing to win
I can see yours and others point of view. Re Kompany and Lovren. Yet I honestly think that The ref let a lot go as it was a bloody good battle.

Never a red in my view although the way the game is nowadays Vinnie does tend to run the risk of being given one.

It was not dangerous play. He did not tackle the leg or through the player, he tackled in front of the ball.

Salah has the choice of going 50/50 or avoiding the challenge.

In my view, what he did is worse than chickening out. He did what is so prevalent in the game he made it look like he was avoiding the challenge but made sure he clipped Vinnie’s foot.
He then rolled around like he’d been shot hoping to get him sent off.

I’m from a different era playing wise I know, but this kind of thing drives me insane about the modern game.

Not even a yellow in my book but I know that’s probably the minority opinion these days.

Lovren on Aguero was right through his leg. Cynical, no attempt at the ball and there isn’t a word about it.

Amazing you cannot latch on that I am not discussing Lovrens tackle
I find it strange you only want to discuss Vinnys tackle, yet feel the need to site a hypothetical van dijk on sergio tackle that didn't happen ?

The important bit is that Vinny was booked, that was what the referee on the night deemed it, anything else is bollocks, had he given a red, anything else would also be bollocks ;-)

Far too much tedious discussion on something that didn't happen (red card), rather than a lot (very good) that did happen.

Fantastic result last night & a belting game to boot.

However, I’ve heard a lot of nonesense being spoken (not just on here) with regards to Vinny’s tackle. Scissors is absolute bollocks, studs showing is absolute bollocks, out of control is absolute bollocks, this that & the other absolute bollocks. Bit boring talking about the laws of the game.......but

The laws of the game clearly state that:
Careless challenges should be a free kick with no further action.
Reckless should be a free kick with a caution
Using excessive force is a free kick & sending off.

The definitions are:
Careless: the player has shown a lack of attention or consideration when making his challenge or that he acted without precaution
Reckless: the player has acted with complete disregard of the danger to, or consequences for, his opponent
Excessive force: the player has far exceeded the necessary use of force & is in danger of injuring his opponent

There’s also laws & sanctions about dangerous play:
Playing in a dangerous manner is defined as any action that, while trying to play the ball, threatens injury to someone (including the player himself)
If a player plays in a dangerous manner in a “normal” challenge, the referee should not take any disciplinary action
If the action is made with obvious risk of injury the referee should caution the player
If a player denies an obvious goal-scoring opportunity playing in a dangerous manner the referee should send off the player

I’m all for good debate, but at lease debate the correct things.....
So to put it simply, if you think Vinny used excessive force, then he should’ve been sent off.
If you think he was reckless, then a caution was the correct decision.
Exactly the same as Mane last season.

Personally, I think that it was reckless, but I don’t think he ‘far exceeded the necessary use of force’ so for me, the ref got this one correct, but I suppose it depends on your interpretation or definition of excessive force

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.