Liverpool (H) Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great bit from the guardian on Stone's goal line clearance.

The world moves on. Technology develops and evolves. The aesthetics of the spectacle, perhaps, to our wearily nostalgic culture, have less to recommend them than they did, but accuracy at least is guaranteed. Where once epoch-defining line decisions were taken by Azerbaijani men with silver hair and splendid moustaches, now we watch a digital representation of a yellow circle landing on a white line across a green background. What Tofiq Bakhramov’s decisive nod was to the 1966 World Cup, so Goal Decision System may be to the 2018-19 Premier League.

Where the former remains contested (with good reason), there is no disputing what happened at the Etihad on Thursday. Or at least not beyond crazed conspiracists who within hours of the final whistle were already talking about shadows and angles and the grand anti-Liverpudlian plot that is geometry. Perhaps the technology isn’t perfect. Perhaps the reading that said the ball was 11.7 millimetres from completely crossing the line is affecting an impossible level of accuracy, but it is still much more likely to be right than a 41-year-old former footballer from Baku.

11.7 millimetres. It’s the length of a bluebottle, the thickness of a pocket diary, the width of the nail of a little finger. It is nothing on which to lose a football match, still less perhaps a championship. And there is a danger now that the measurement comes to haunt Liverpool as surely as Steven Gerrard’s “This does not slip” speech after another game against Manchester City, that when the history of this long title drought is written, the measurement 11.7 millimetres looms so large that every time Liverpool fans see a fly, check an appointment or catch a glimpse of their own hands they are reminded of defeat and failure.

Perusing the land of RAWK this morning highlights just how cultish the dippers are, they've turned on Lovren Milner and Henderson because they weren't good enough and Liverpool should have won the game easily. Yes they should have come to City and beat us easily.

Another defeat and they'll be asking for King Kenny back.

Walking back into town last night there was s a group of 5 or 6 absolute pond life vile scousers. All about twenty. One of them was shouting your fucking shite, generally being a knob and trying to trip city fans up.

One of them said something to my 13 year old daughter being a slag so I faced up to the fuckers. Absolute wankers.

I was quite pleasantly surprised to be insulted by being called fuckoff David Cameron who is one of my all times heroes. It just added to the night for me. I then had my coat and smart shoes insulted. I informed the scousers it was cashmere and they wouldn’t be able to afford it. I stood my ground like Alan Shearer against Roy Keane and my attire and barrel chest won the day. I would have told them my shoes were bolvaint but I don’t think they would have got that.

Thankfully I then bumped into gdm and had a civilised chat walking back into town.

First time I have ever got involved in any form of bother at the Etihad.
Good to see you pal. Not sure ‘barrel chested’ is how I’d describe your physique, mind...

'Klopp's choppers', are they seriously the real thing? he looks like he's been kitted out at a back street joke shop
The German Tony Pulis

“He wears the club shop” should be our chant at him

Perusing the land of RAWK this morning highlights just how cultish the dippers are, they've turned on Lovren Milner and Henderson because they weren't good enough and Liverpool should have won the game easily. Yes they should have come to City and beat us easily.

Ever been on the Gundogan/Kolarov threads lol

Quite a turnaround from last season when the general consensus was that Klopp had got 'Pep's measure'. Both home and away this season we've looked a different team against them to my eyes, more determined, far more savvy physically, more disciplined and prepared to match their cynicism with a dose of our own.

I’m laughing at the 100+ who voted lose.
I never usually bite on that but thought the positive thinking of voting WIN would do us good last night and it did, positive vibes all over the stadium from the start to finish

Its always a great read on there after they lose.

The thing about them is that Klopp must know how quickly they will turn on him if he doesn't win the league this season, it happened to Rogers. They lap it all up but when it goes wrong there it goes wrong very quickly. Similar thing happened to Klopp at Dortmund at the end, once the shine had gone from the early success, it went wrong in a big way. At Liverpool, they didn't even get that initial success phase.

Its going to be great when it happens again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.