Liverpool (H) Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Therein lies my point re VVD. He had to bail himself out numerous times, ad you point out. Hardly the stuff of the greatest CB in the world.

And where was this tiger like leadership he supposedly has? When the going got tough he shit himself and went missing. Contrast to our Vinny who was an absolute soldier last night.

And the GK should’ve saved both of our goals.

Over rated as fuck the pair of them.
I really don't understand what this means. Anyway, I'm not in the mood for defending Liverpool players. So I'll let things be.

Perusing the land of RAWK this morning highlights just how cultish the dippers are, they've turned on Lovren Milner and Henderson because they weren't good enough and Liverpool should have won the game easily. Yes they should have come to City and beat us easily.

Another defeat and they'll be asking for King Kenny back.

Can King Kenny the fraud buy Andy Carroll again and be followed by Roy Hodgson ?

Great bit from the guardian on Stone's goal line clearance.

The world moves on. Technology develops and evolves. The aesthetics of the spectacle, perhaps, to our wearily nostalgic culture, have less to recommend them than they did, but accuracy at least is guaranteed. Where once epoch-defining line decisions were taken by Azerbaijani men with silver hair and splendid moustaches, now we watch a digital representation of a yellow circle landing on a white line across a green background. What Tofiq Bakhramov’s decisive nod was to the 1966 World Cup, so Goal Decision System may be to the 2018-19 Premier League.

Where the former remains contested (with good reason), there is no disputing what happened at the Etihad on Thursday. Or at least not beyond crazed conspiracists who within hours of the final whistle were already talking about shadows and angles and the grand anti-Liverpudlian plot that is geometry. Perhaps the technology isn’t perfect. Perhaps the reading that said the ball was 11.7 millimetres from completely crossing the line is affecting an impossible level of accuracy, but it is still much more likely to be right than a 41-year-old former footballer from Baku.

11.7 millimetres. It’s the length of a bluebottle, the thickness of a pocket diary, the width of the nail of a little finger. It is nothing on which to lose a football match, still less perhaps a championship. And there is a danger now that the measurement comes to haunt Liverpool as surely as Steven Gerrard’s “This does not slip” speech after another game against Manchester City, that when the history of this long title drought is written, the measurement 11.7 millimetres looms so large that every time Liverpool fans see a fly, check an appointment or catch a glimpse of their own hands they are reminded of defeat and failure.
A bluebottle he says, yet it’ll be The Reds that bottle!

So, the game. Live, it was nerve wrecking. Watching us play, I thought we looked nervous, indecisive, Laporte misplacing passes, Sane doing my brain in. They seemed to have all passing options blocked off, and when they did have the ball running at our defence, the lines their forwards were running, and clever passing had me massively chewing at fingernails.
Anyway, two great goals, a host of missed chances and we see the game out for a massive victory.

We get home, still buzzing and can't sleep, so decide to watch it again on the box.

Now, a different game to the one I saw live. The composure of Stones, the commitment and leadership of Kompany, the pace of Aguero, Sane and Sterling had them in bits. The endeavour, skill and fighting qualities of Bernardo and Fernandinho, and the footballing brain of Danilo.

Upshot is, we schooled them. And they know it. Even if they win the league, they will know, we are a better team.

I was exactly the same mate, nervous as fuck watching it and thinking Stones was too casual and that we kept mis-placing easy passes, thinking we should have gone longer a lot more as there was plenty of space behind their fullbacks.
Get home and watch it again and realise how we were in almost total control we were.

Great night, need to carry the momentum forward now.

Perusing the land of RAWK this morning highlights just how cultish the dippers are, they've turned on Lovren Milner and Henderson because they weren't good enough and Liverpool should have won the game easily. Yes they should have come to City and beat us easily.

Another defeat and they'll be asking for King Kenny back.
Ah, but they would have come to City and beaten is easily, if they'd been good enough.

The problem as always for the bin dippers is that in reality, they aren't good enough.

Ah, but they would have come to City and beaten is easily, if they'd been good enough.

The problem as always for the bin dippers is that in reality, they aren't good enough.

Shrines would have been observed last night and sacrifices made to the Anfield gods, the painters will continue to airbrush the shiniest battle bus in preparation for the ceremony announcing the greatest team since 2014 to nearly win the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.