Liverpool (H) - Post-Match Thread

When I saw Liverpool's team I thought they would be absolutely frantic for the first 20 minutes and that we really had to make sure we didn't concede in that period. When we've murdered them we've stood firm for the first 20 mins and then taken them apart. That's why Kyle's clumsy foul was so unfortunate (not mentioning the foul on Raz at the other end). And their lead kept them going and in the game but the longer the game went on the more they faded. If KdB had put his pen away Liverpool would have crumbled but that's the way things are going at the moment. But there's still a long way to go.

No doubt we are off to a very slow start and we don’t look fully up to speed.
Id have taken a point before the game but Liverpool actually looked more knackered than us. There for the taking today.
We’re just not taking these opportunities at the moment.

But I take heart from the fact, that the number one priority we all were screaming about was the defending and apart from Kyle gifting them their customary penalty, That wasn’t bad today.

We are looking like we have a foundation to build on.
Should have been ours today, but going forward I’ll quite happily grind a few 1-0 games out until we find the personnel and fitness to play our regular style of football.

It’s not all doom and gloom lads.

Walker so far our POTY, was awful and spoiling needless energy. Sterling, another of our top performers this season, invisible even when facing Milner.
KdB our best player, also had a very poor game. Next in line to miss a penalty. Is Balotelli still a free agent?

Cancelo was MOTM and that says enough. We contained them but didn’t create enough nor were we clever or clinical.
And Liverpool are not a one man team. They cope quite well with Van Dijk. And we all thought ...

Can't believe the moaning on here. Some great football first half. Both teams ran out of steam. This will happen. Two games per week. Get used to it. Without a crowd, there is nothing to spur them on, when they are fxxxed. Still think it's us or them for the league. We could not afford to lose that. Dias is the biz. Cancelo had a great game, his best yet. Gundog improved. Rodri poor when pressed. Jesus worked his balls off and scored a great goal that any striker in the world would be proud of and then missed an easier header. Sterling poor for him. On the whole, not a bad result, considering missed pen.

don't talk bollox

his shit starting line up had nowt to do with it ?

jesus,im sick of this place
Shit line up yes. Draw no! We could have won this game even with that line up. Ffs.

Both teams looked dead on their feet after an hour.

If someone like Spurs or a Leicester comes out of the pack they have a great chance because City and Liverpool are just going to lose so many players to injury this season. It's obvious that KDB isn't fully fit.

We should be pleased with the way that Cancelo and Dias are developing. City's defence is much improved. We should pick up as Aguero and Jesus return but with so many fixtures I doubt we will ever be full strength.

I don't think Liverpool can win the title this season. Their first XI is as good as City's but lose Mane and Salah and they have had it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.