Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

Thiago should have had 2 yellow cards.

We were superb, can't fault us with fine margins such has hitting the post 3 times. Play like that in each of our last games and we win the league. Would have taken a point going in to thengame, feeling disappointed purely because we were ahead.

F*ck the scouse c*nts

Good performance but a missed opportunity. Sterling first half, Mahrez second half and a couple of bad decisions to shoot instead of square it from Jesus.

Thought Thiago should have had at least 2 yellows TAA should have had a yellow for a pull back and I think Fabinho was a bit lucky on his Bernardo foul to only get a yellow, because that was high and nasty.

That said, WE GAVE THEM THE POINT!

Walker, for all his speed, has the brain of a newt! How he can allow Sané to get a run on him, inside or out, is simply ridiculous.

Sterling one on one should have buried it!

As for the offside call on his “goal,” I think they’ve chosen a very “LiVARpool friendly” freeze frame AFTER the ball has left his foot! A frame or two prior and he’d have been onside. Slotted home well, too!

We have nothing to fear from them at Wembley, as long as we play a good back line and every defender not only knows where his runner is, but has him covered.

Thought Stones & Laporte were excellent and Cancelo and Walker cost us.

Rodri & KDB we’re unflappable and unmanageable in the middle of the park, with Bernardo giving Rodri some solid assistance bringing the ball out and breaking up play.

Ederson is an enigma. Sometimes I wish he was just a keeper and not a keeper - sweeper, because his decision-making is looking ever more suspect. It’s almost like he just wants to be part of the action.

First half we should have been 2 or 3 up. Second half, they pressed us much harder and we had to be a bit more direct. However, apart from a late corner and an injury time free kick, I never felt like they had much chance to score.

Like I said at the outset, that felt like a missed opportunity to open up a gap, put one over on them for next weekend, and hammer home the point that we are a better team. We didn’t take it. Therefore, the result has disappointed me.

2-2 (A)
2-2 (H)
1 point between us, 7 games to go!

C’MON CITY!!!

We deserved to edge that out i think. Both their goals came from us trying to keep the ball in play but it happens. Mahrez can fuck off for that shit to be honest.

I would have taken a draw beforehand, very hard to take it after that though. We should have won that game and taken the goal difference lead in doing so, that's how much better we were. However, you don't win games just by being the better team, that's a 6 point swing we've surrendered to them this season. That's going to be the telling thing if we fail to win the league from here. They were the team that needed to win yet they're celebrating the point at the end, they're catching their flights back to Norway puzzled how they've taken 2 points from us this season.

Pep got the team correct including the positions and got the tactics right too, no player had a bad game, everybody played well, very well in fact we just wasn't clinical when we had to be which sadly isnt new to us this season.

Ref failed to book a few of them which probably results in at least one red but concentrating on the officials after that game is wrong in my eyes, he wasn't the central figure to why we didn't win and shifting attention to him isn't neccesary.

Have to be perfect from here until the end now, very achievable 7 game winning run ahead of us, do it and we're champions, throw it away and we've only got ourselves to blame.

Get the result we need by any means in Madrid midweek then take any frustration at not winning that today out on them cunts next weekend and smack them.
Don't think Sterling had a good game at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.