Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

I thought the game reflected the season. They are clinical and can stay in games even when they're not at their best, we dominated but wasted chances. In our hands, and I fancy us - I think we are in a good place and have key players hitting form where some of their key players look like they are starting to look tired.

I would have taken a draw beforehand, very hard to take it after that though. We should have won that game and taken the goal difference lead in doing so, that's how much better we were. However, you don't win games just by being the better team, that's a 6 point swing we've surrendered to them this season. That's going to be the telling thing if we fail to win the league from here. They were the team that needed to win yet they're celebrating the point at the end, they're catching their flights back to Norway puzzled how they've taken 2 points from us this season.

Pep got the team correct including the positions and got the tactics right too, no player had a bad game, everybody played well, very well in fact we just wasn't clinical when we had to be which sadly isnt new to us this season.

Ref failed to book a few of them which probably results in at least one red but concentrating on the officials after that game is wrong in my eyes, he wasn't the central figure to why we didn't win and shifting attention to him isn't neccesary.

Have to be perfect from here until the end now, very achievable 7 game winning run ahead of us, do it and we're champions, throw it away and we've only got ourselves to blame.

Get the result we need by any means in Madrid midweek then take any frustration at not winning that today out on them cunts next weekend and smack them.

We were the better team. Should have won. Missing to many easy chances. Sterling being the culprit more often than not and Mahrez at the end. Could have played foden in!! Not clinical enough! Saying that, didnt we play some good footy!!!

We need not worry chaps, Rags playing for the badge in their true derby next week. We’ll be fine

Yeah, no worries, Ralf's at the wheel....

Ym48pp.gif

Agree. That’s also given Klopp something to think about tactically for the semi. Fine margins. Life’s a game of inches as Al Pacino once said.

the only thing that was a bit puzzling for me was the Sterling Grealish switch. So hard for a newcomer like Grealish to get into the pace of that kind of game with 10 minutes to play. But I suppose pep is damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t with subs.

im pissed off at what might have been, but positive. Their front 3 are quality, but we knew that and we are the better team. So proud to be a blue!
Inches?
Oo err dont tell my wife that!

For the second time this season against Liverpool, we deserved to win but have to settle with 1 point. A win would have been great, but if anyone would have given me these conditions with 7 games left before the season I would have taken it, at least this keeps us in the driving seat.

No surprise the ref was abysmal (as usual when we face Liverpool). If they are not getting cheap pens, its impossible for them to get a man sent off, or we get perfectly fine goals ruled out because of made up offsides. Why VAR choose to draw the offside line on a frame when the ball has already left KDBs foot and is almost 2 feet infront of it can only be explained by that on the previous frame Sterling wasnt offside. Paul Tierney single-handedly keeping Liverpool in the title race this season, closed down what should have been a 6 point gap between us by himself.

Unlikely that us or them were gonna win both games between each other this week. That rarely happens and pep implied that pre match as well

With that in mind I’d have taken a draw today and a win at Wembley

Liverpool really needed the 3 points today. A draw is so much better for us than them

Before the game it was in both teams hands. Now it’s out of theirs and entirely up to us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.