Liverpool (H) - Sat 1st April, 12:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel like bizarrely this game is the title decider. Will set tone for the remainder of the season. Its timing is interesting as they’ve had time to forget their last performance and we’ve had our momentum interrupted. We play before the gunners and can send a huge message. Likewise drop points and they can make the gap look insurmountable with an easy home game against Leeds.

Foden over Jack any day sorry

IMO that depends on if you’re primarily a Foden supporter or a City supporter.

Grealish has been huge for us in recent months, I recon most supporters will consider him our most in form player and I think that Pep will play him for sure.

I’m not saying I don’t want Foden to play, his most recent displays have been relentless and heroic (my motm vs Burnley) but not at the expense of Grealish.
And if Pep’s looking to suffocate the dippers with our ball retention then I recon Mahrez will also get a start as his superior ball control means that he receives and keeps the ball better than Foden . . and he’s been in great form too.
I can see us playing either Grealish & Mahrez from the start, to control the dipper’s initial 20 ‘high intensity / high caffeine / high ventolin’ minutes, then bringing Foden on from 60 minutes. Or, perhaps more likely, playing Grealish & Foden from the start and bringing Mahrez on from 60 minutes to nail the lid on?

I’m also thinking that Alvarez will start up front if Haaland is rested due to the knock he’s carrying. He’ll expect to start if Haaland doesn’t, he’s in fine form, he scored a brace in his last run out and as a team we’ve been rigorously polishing our playing into a front man all season - maybe not so easy or so wise to attempt to just switch back to a false 9 for a one-off game?
The bald genius may, of course, confound my expectations ;-)

Get well soon Phil. You'll be back better than ever.
I've got faith in the lads. Jack has been great this season and Julian has been fantastic too whenever he's started or come on. It's a squad game. This is the final push. Let's stick together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.