Liverpool (H) - Sat 1st April, 12:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Walker plays and Stones plays RCB with Dias & Ake on the left. Stones steps into RCM with Rodri from the RCB position, rather than pulling a FB out of position.

It’s why Lewis hasn’t had a look-in recently. Pep has tweaked the inverted FB position into a “step forward” position for Stones, who is uniquely qualified for that role amongst our CBs.

With Bernie, that gives us a 3-3-1-3/3-3-3-1. Indeed, we have even seen it morph into a 4-4-2, with KDB getting to hang out upfront with Haaland, and our “wingers” (Mahrez & Grealish) slotting in across the 4.

In the 3-3-3-1, they simply slot into “forward midfield” positions with KDB, as a first line of defence for the opposition to break through, in addition to giving the option of playing the 3-3 in behind them, and helping solidify the middle of the field.

Expect Liverpool to go over the top and down the lines, because they know they can’t compete in the middle of the park, and also that Mahrez & Grealish do not want to defend.

I can only remember Stones stepping into midfield from RB or if one of 3 cbs? Can’t remember it from 4-4-2 as a cb?

I can only remember Stones stepping into midfield from RB or if one of 3 cbs? Can’t remember it from 4-4-2 as a cb?
Did you watch the last few games? He’s playing a “shuttle” role. Step up 10m, step back 10m, rather than drag a FB 30m out of position and force a RCB to cover the RB hole!!

I’m desperate for the big man to play against their back line
They play so high it’s an invitation to him
Have you seen Mbappe or Mendes going behind Bayern's defense in the second leg of Bayern-PSG...

Did you watch the last few games? He’s playing a “shuttle” role. Step up 10m, step back 10m, rather than drag a FB 30m out of position and force a RCB to cover the RB hole!!

He only returned as an unused sub against Newcastle. Then played rb in a back four against Palace. Liepzig we played Stones, Akanji, Dias and Ake, he wasn’t stepping forward as a cb in a back four then, and he didn’t play against Burnley.

Not trying to pick a fight, have I missed something?

Can’t see haaland playibg tbh but for this game a false 9 could work better as Liverpool would have man marked him anyway . Liverpool will be well up for this and it will cause us major problems . Draw writ all over this one .

Silly as it sounds it’s a bigger headache for dippers if Haaland doesn’t play; the drills will be how tight they can get on him, which affords more space in front; should we go with a system like last season, with Alverez in the hole, it would invariably upset their balance with how I’ve seen them this season…

This being said, I think we beat them with either system; I fully expect copious amount of joy with Grealish against Terence, he’ll murder him coming inside tomorrow

Going 3-1, Grealish to stand out

No, Walker plays and Stones plays RCB with Dias & Ake on the left. Stones steps into RCM with Rodri from the RCB position, rather than pulling a FB out of position.

It’s why Lewis hasn’t had a look-in recently. Pep has tweaked the inverted FB position into a “step forward” position for Stones, who is uniquely qualified for that role amongst our CBs.

With Bernie, that gives us a 3-3-1-3/3-3-3-1. Indeed, we have even seen it morph into a 4-4-2, with KDB getting to hang out upfront with Haaland, and our “wingers” (Mahrez & Grealish) slotting in across the 4.

In the 3-3-3-1, they simply slot into “forward midfield” positions with KDB, as a first line of defence for the opposition to break through, in addition to giving the option of playing the 3-3 in behind them, and helping solidify the middle of the field.

Expect Liverpool to go over the top and down the lines, because they know they can’t compete in the middle of the park, and also that Mahrez & Grealish do not want to defend.
This is exactly what I was thinking too. Stones is the only one out of our CB's who is suited enough to play next to rodri and this allows walker dias ake to be the back 3. Bernardo has to play imo as with his energy he can also shuttle between attacking mid and rodri to help with the fluidity of our play. The way we are set up these days as you have described in your post is perfect right now, it gives us a rock solid foundation at the back and middle and then of course our attackers can do their magic and create chances/score/

Silly as it sounds it’s a bigger headache for dippers if Haaland doesn’t play; the drills will be how tight they can get on him, which affords more space in front; should we go with a system like last season, with Alverez in the hole, it would invariably upset their balance with how I’ve seen them this season…

This being said, I think we beat them with either system; I fully expect copious amount of joy with Grealish against Terence, he’ll murder him coming inside tomorrow

Going 3-1, Grealish to stand out
I think tat Haaland won’t play but Pep is purposely hinting that he will to make Klopp’s head spin off. They have to play totally different tactics with him out of the side.

I’d love to see him getting behind their high line but Alvarez will cause them problems if not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.