Liverpool (H) - Sat 25th Nov, 12:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to RAWK...Deluded. They underestimate City.
Forgotten all about RAWK , just had a quick look , what an absolute bunch of needy weirdo's , we are really f*cking with their heads , Dippers really have no self awareness whatever anyone can accuse us of , we have never murdered opposition supporters that has to be the ultimate crime.
Its a pity that cess pit of a club didnt get the ban they deserved i.e. never be allowed back in european competition again.

So everyone keeps saying but after yesterday we have the best defence in the league ;)

Whether that holds or not, there is no doubting VVD has improved dramatically this season. He’s not too far from his best.

Still think we lose comfortably at yours though if I’m honest.
It may not show up in the results but from the games and highlights i've seen of your games this season, you give up a lot of chances every game.
Brentford should've been 2 up before you scored last weekend and the game before you could've lost to Luton!

If we play to our level i can only see one winner.

3-1 to us!

So everyone keeps saying but after yesterday we have the best defence in the league ;)

Whether that holds or not, there is no doubting VVD has improved dramatically this season. He’s not too far from his best.

Still think we lose comfortably at yours though if I’m honest.

It won't hold and it won't matter.

In one game anything can happen. But it's highly likely that City will create plenty of chances. Judging by RAWK, many Liverpool fans don't realise how strong City are. Which is a bit weird, but guess they want to feel optimistic before the game and generally for the season.

These games are almost impossible to call, because their strengths match up with our supposed weaknesses, and vice versa.

As is often the case when top teams play each other, it will probably come down to who wins the midfield battles and which team takes their chances.

In this game, it might come down to which team can put their best XI on the field, given all the “injuries” and intensity of the games played during this break! The Argie vs Uruguay game tonight was a ballbuster!

All that said, this City team has shown they understand when to step up and, against our main rival over the last decade, the players know this is that time.

Last edited:
These games are almost impossible to call, because their strengths match up with our supposed weaknesses, and vice versa.

As is often the case when top teams play each other, it will probably come down to who wins the midfield battles and which team takes their chances.

In this game, it might come down to which team can put their best XI on the field, given all the “injuries” and intensity of the games played during this break! The Argie vs Uruguay game tonight was a ballbuster!

It's relatively easy to predict we'll create more chances than them. It's not like the teams are equally strong and it's not like the game is at Anfield. Luck may be against us, but I trust Pep and the players to put in a very strong performance.

The last time Liverpool played a team as good as City was in... April. They may think their defence is now much better than it was back then, but I doubt it. No Robertson, no proper DM...We'll be without KDB but Alvarez or whoever replaces him will be a quality option.

Imo, Doku will be top, whether from the start or the bench.

It's relatively easy to predict we'll create more chances than them. It's not like the teams are equally strong and it's not like the game is at Anfield. Luck may be against us, but I trust Pep and the players to put in a very strong performance.

The last time Liverpool played a team as good as City was in... April. They may think their defence is now much better than it was back then, but I doubt it. No Robertson, no proper DM...We'll be without KDB but Alvarez or whoever replaces him will be a quality option.

Imo, Doku will be top, whether from the start or the bench.
I love your confidence!

I’ll be sitting in bed in Brazil shouting at the TV in the wee hours, hoping you’re confidence shines through in the game.

Don't feel like we’ve been firing on all cylinders recently, especially defensively, and feel like we have been run a little ragged with a spartan squad, but I know we definitely have the quality to win. Fingers and toes in games like this!

I love your confidence!

I’ll be sitting in bed in Brazil shouting at the TV in the wee hours, hoping you’re confidence shines through in the game.

Don't feel like we’ve been firing on all cylinders recently, especially defensively, and feel like we have been run a little ragged with a spartan squad, but I know we definitely have the quality to win. Fingers and toes in games like this!

It's true our defenders haven't been in top form this season. But defence also depends on the quality of high pressing and the level of concentration. Most of our problems against Chelsea came from lack of concentration and complacency. We didn't take them as seriously as we took United and it showed.

It will be different against Liverpool, we'll take them completely seriously. No place for complacency. High pressing will be as it should be. If Liverpool try to emulate Chelsea, they'll make a big mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.