Liverpool (N) | Community Shield | Post-Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
The BBC again looking to hype up the City v Liverpool rivalry. Fresh from Nunez winning the supposed battle between him and Haaland, it's time to see who can challenge City and Liverpool for the title in what has been an epic battle over the past 5 seasons. Quite odd considering they've finished 4th, 3rd, 2nd (twice) and 1st once in that time... considering we've won 4 of the last 5 surely the question is who can take it from City? Or can Liverpool stop City winning a third title in a row?

Our wide players are going to have to get used to crossing balls in early ( especially Mahrez). Harland too up some good positions but the ball never arrived.
I keep saying this. They will not be accurate on their wrong foot. That is why they cut back all the time.

Look at a similar striker Lewandowski his first at Bayern, with Pep he moved him out wide or in a more withdrawn position, with Robben, Muller or Gotze playing as a false nine. in the end-of-season goals tallies: Lewandowski 17, Robben 17, Muller 13, Gotze 9. The goals were shared around
The next season Guardiola went more direct: Costa and Coman on the flanks creating chances from out wide ended with Lewandowski upfront he bagged 30 goals in rhe league 42 overall.

So Pep knows how to tweak the forward system to suit both our new strikers, but if the wide players of overlapping fullbacks get in crossing position they really need to put the ball in the box this year not turn around and always look for kev on the 20 yard area.

You talk about 14/15 vs 15/16...

Müller bagged 20 goals in the league in 15/16. Could have been more for him and Lewy but in the last some weeks they had a hangover or burnout that continued into the Euros.

Thing is that this might not have been a dream move of Pep but one he had to do because Robben and Ribery weren't available and the game had to be cut out more for Lewy and Müller. Both Costa and Coman were far better in providing than in goal scoring.

The more I think about this fucking World Cup the more pissed off I get. I think it’s going to ruin our season.

Looking at our pre-season, it won’t be surprising if we drop points in the regions we have at the start of the last two seasons (first 9 games last season we dropped 10 points, first 12 games the season before we dropped 16 points). But where it would be our time to catch up and go on a run, the stupid World Cup will get right in the fucking way!
Its an interesting point. Im thinking we have a slow start. The previous few years point to that. A deliberate tactic it seems, to go into seasons slightly undercooked and it has proved the right way to go, as we have won 4 out of 5 leagues. So hard to argue with. The world cup is the random thing, as you say it could trip us up when we usually go on a run....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.