Liverpool (N) | Community Shield | Post-Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they think they've just won the league? Bloody hell, I've never seen a player and fans celebrate a friendly win like that, genuinely embarrassing. Imagine being them. When's the parade? For contrast, leicester won it last year for only the second time in their history, first in 50 years, they acted accordingly, similar to any other pre-season game with a trophy attached, they didn't act like they've just won something significant. Make no mistake, they're celebrating this wildly because its City, they know deep down we're the best around, if any no mark scouser ever comes out with an oh so witty remark about not caring about City, no rivalry, our titles mean nothing etc, just point them towards their ridiculously over the top celebrations today and ask them to repeat that. We're deep under their skin.

They're so so desperate to compare Nunez with Haaland. Undeniably a good day for him but he missed a 1v1, had a free header that was off-target and fortunate to end with a penalty and then scored a tap in in the 97th minute after some truly dreadful marking from Dias, not exactly frightening if that's him "arrived".

I expected more from some of our players, especially going forward but overall it went largely as expected, we're severely undercooked. they looked on it, considerably ahead of us and fully deserved the win.

Doesn't matter for today but we're a week away from the first game and we're miles off it. Why did Phillips not get on? He should have started really but to not even get on is just weird, Rodri looked fucked for the last half an hour and Phillips needs minutes. I presume he's not injured as he wouldn't be on the bench so I can only imagine he's way off getting it if he's not even making an appearance.

Pleased for Alvarez getting his first goal. Energy he gives us is very foden-like. Its currently early foden but I expect him to improve quickly. I don't think we will see anywhere near his full potential for a while though until he's fully settled, scored a few and feels like a key player so getting his first goal should help push him on towards that. Haaland was encouraging despite 2 bad misses. great movement, a firing kdb picks him out a few times today, foden in instead of Grealish provides for him too. Still slightly fear we will be too heavily reliant on Foden and Mahrez this season out wide.

Not much to take from that for the established squad members, it's another 60-90 minutes for most of them and it's badly needed. The starting 11 today will be very similar to West ham next week I suspect, Just have to hope our superior quality can get us through the first few weeks with little damage in terms of dropped points before the fitness comes. I know it's worked for us in the past but it's still less than ideal playing just 3 friendlies and having. Shorter pre-season than others. the world cup is likely to destroy any benefit later in the season our usual late comeback and slow build up gives us, I also think there's less chance of putting one of our famous long runs together because of it too, so we need to be ready next week.

Also worth noting we completely outsung them until the last 10 minutes despite the fact we were never even leading that game. All you heard from them was a truly pathetic and disgraceful boo for the national anthem which should be talked about more in the media and then them celebrating the friendly win at the end like a first ever league title.
Cracking summary fella.

Id agree. We’ve had 2 friendlys against their 6/7. Some players getting their first real minutes (foden/Gundogan). A little tuff to take but it’s generally come good for us in May.

With the world cup in the middle of this season there is a lot of football to be played…. Will be interesting to see if Liverpool blow up as they did a few seasons ago
The more I think about this fucking World Cup the more pissed off I get. I think it’s going to ruin our season.

Looking at our pre-season, it won’t be surprising if we drop points in the regions we have at the start of the last two seasons (first 9 games last season we dropped 10 points, first 12 games the season before we dropped 16 points). But where it would be our time to catch up and go on a run, the stupid World Cup will get right in the fucking way!

Not just them. Happens in all the knock out comps, CL being the big one. Unfortunately the style of play cab be predictable. Whilst so effective over a season, in a one off game where more risks are taken it can come undone.

But that was not the case today, fitness and new players had a massive part to play today. You could tell the boys were gutted. Haaland needs to get that first competitive goal ASAP and he'll be off.

Exciting season coming up!
I don't blame Haaland - he barely saw the ball.
Think it’s 5 wins, 5 draws, and 7 defeats against Liverpool under Guardiola. Obviously they’re the team we struggle against most, but it’s hardly all one-way.
5 wins out of 17 is still pretty poor considering we are nearly always the better side over the course of 38 games. We should be winning more of the head to heads than them, not the other way around.

Anyway, no biggie. Tin pot trophy which I expected us to lose, and we duly did.

This seasons fucked with this wank world cup.
Good to get this game out of the way. No idea why we only played 2 pre games, were not fit.
I've no doubts about Haaland or Alverez but Grealish is a worry for me.
Hopefully with some intense training we can be ready.

Last edited:
It will be the usual media dipper wankfest. Another season full of trophies, on for the quad again, klopp best manager in the world. Nunez better than Haaland. Yawn yawn yawn. Same old, same old. Scouse bastards. Fuck off. Up the blues

My thoughts…

- Liverpools longer pre season showed in fitness levels - this is completely normal and to be expected.

- We were not ‘miles off it’ as some on here are saying. In fact, it was a very good showing based on such a short pre season. As pep said another week of preparation and fitness work before West Ham will see us looking much sharper.

- We have a diamond in Alvarez. Huge credit once again should go to the global scouting team and Txiki.

- Grealish and KDB were our worst players yesterday. Both had an off day. Nothing to be concerned about though with little preparation as pointed out in my first point.

- I am really confident and fully expect us to win the league again this season. We are a better team than Liverpool when we have a squad that is fully in the swing of playing every 3/4 days. We could have won the game yesterday on another day.

-All in all, yesterday was a great preparation for when it actually matters against West Ham next week.

The more I think about this fucking World Cup the more pissed off I get. I think it’s going to ruin our season.

Looking at our pre-season, it won’t be surprising if we drop points in the regions we have at the start of the last two seasons (first 9 games last season we dropped 10 points, first 12 games the season before we dropped 16 points). But where it would be our time to catch up and go on a run, the stupid World Cup will get right in the fucking way!
Why have we had such a non existent pre season this year? Last year there was the euros, no excuse this time round.

Two games in America, not really enough is it.

Some good points well thought and brought out on here regarding the game. My main observation looking at the set up is just how weak we are when Cancelo and Grealish both play on the left. They don't seem to get the threat defensively and no way will Greals drop back to cover the space. I hope that a LB is incoming soon to counter that problem and that Foden is the preferred option on that side!! Onwards and upwards blues.

Do they think they've just won the league? Bloody hell, I've never seen a player and fans celebrate a friendly win like that, genuinely embarrassing. Imagine being them. When's the parade? For contrast, leicester won it last year for only the second time in their history, first in 50 years, they acted accordingly, similar to any other pre-season game with a trophy attached, they didn't act like they've just won something significant. Make no mistake, they're celebrating this wildly because its City, they know deep down we're the best around, if any no mark scouser ever comes out with an oh so witty remark about not caring about City, no rivalry, our titles mean nothing etc, just point them towards their ridiculously over the top celebrations today and ask them to repeat that. We're deep under their skin.

They're so so desperate to compare Nunez with Haaland. Undeniably a good day for him but he missed a 1v1, had a free header that was off-target and fortunate to end with a penalty and then scored a tap in in the 97th minute after some truly dreadful marking from Dias, not exactly frightening if that's him "arrived".

I expected more from some of our players, especially going forward but overall it went largely as expected, we're severely undercooked. they looked on it, considerably ahead of us and fully deserved the win.

Doesn't matter for today but we're a week away from the first game and we're miles off it. Why did Phillips not get on? He should have started really but to not even get on is just weird, Rodri looked fucked for the last half an hour and Phillips needs minutes. I presume he's not injured as he wouldn't be on the bench so I can only imagine he's way off getting it if he's not even making an appearance.

Pleased for Alvarez getting his first goal. Energy he gives us is very foden-like. Its currently early foden but I expect him to improve quickly. I don't think we will see anywhere near his full potential for a while though until he's fully settled, scored a few and feels like a key player so getting his first goal should help push him on towards that. Haaland was encouraging despite 2 bad misses. great movement, a firing kdb picks him out a few times today, foden in instead of Grealish provides for him too. Still slightly fear we will be too heavily reliant on Foden and Mahrez this season out wide.

Not much to take from that for the established squad members, it's another 60-90 minutes for most of them and it's badly needed. The starting 11 today will be very similar to West ham next week I suspect, Just have to hope our superior quality can get us through the first few weeks with little damage in terms of dropped points before the fitness comes. I know it's worked for us in the past but it's still less than ideal playing just 3 friendlies and having. Shorter pre-season than others. the world cup is likely to destroy any benefit later in the season our usual late comeback and slow build up gives us, I also think there's less chance of putting one of our famous long runs together because of it too, so we need to be ready next week.

Also worth noting we completely outsung them until the last 10 minutes despite the fact we were never even leading that game. All you heard from them was a truly pathetic and disgraceful boo for the national anthem which should be talked about more in the media and then them celebrating the friendly win at the end like a first ever league title.
Very well said, sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.