Liverpool (N) | Community Shield | Post-Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there was a summer tournament then I see the logic behind having practically no pre-season, but with all the players together from day 1 and no tournament, what excuse do we have for being this unfit? Why do we have to keep playing catch up? Why can’t we just turn up looking ready?

4 titles in 5 years. We’re not the ones playing catch up.

I think the people in charge know what they’re doing. I’m not sure you quite understand that though.

Suppose that's how you celebrate when you miss a title like they did and then a Champions League final like that.

We'll be alright. Big week ahead in training.

Top Stats​

Ball possession
8650.png
8456.png

43%. 57%
  • 1.92 Expected goals (xG)1.81
  • 15 Total shots 12
  • 4 Big chances4
  • 2 Big chances missed 3
  • 323 (82%)Accurate passes435 (84%)
  • 12 Fouls committed 8
  • 3 Offsides 3
  • 2 Corners 4
Very little in it and we haven’t clicked yet

Different on Sofa Score. 5 Big Chances and 1 scored. Usual story :)

Where's your xG from? Looks wrong to me because you had it at 1.3 or something at half-time.

The only one I've seen is 3.01 City and 2.25 Liver,

City on the right hand side:
1659205134697.jpeg

I’m not worried in the slightest.

Haaland will be hurting after that. Kev will look back and know that there were three or four times that he could have put him through. We need to adapt to play with a focal point, as it would be utterly ridiculous to sign a player like Haaland and not expect to change our game to fit him in. You can’t expect Haaland to change his game much, so this is really all up to Pep to make it work.

Mahrez is still a greedy fucker. Alvarez can take his spot all day long. He’s a bit like Jesus, but seems quicker and actually stayed inside for his goal..

Dias was very poor, worryingly so. We need Cucurela. We need more energy. We might need Philips in midfield to provide some of that, so I’m disappointed not to see him get on.

All in all, meh. It’s fine. Roll on Sunday.

CTID
Agree with most comments to a point but you can't change your game entirely for one player, you only have to look at what happened in Salford last season. It will all fall into place.

I have to say though, although the hype has all been around Haaland, understandably, I've been impressed with what I've seen of Alvarez last week and today. From what I've heard of him I've really been looking forward to seeing him in a blue shirt and I think he just might steal the limelight.

You're concerned about our relative failure in the Community Shield? Seriously? Fine; that's your opinion. What's your take on the 6 PL titles, or the 6 Carabao Cup wins, or the two FA Cup wins, if you don't mind me asking?
I'm delighted about them, I thought it was an interesting stat more than anything

Did you miss the part where I said it was basically a friendly?

Fuckin gutted, but it is what it is & the better team on the day deservedly won...

We were well off the pace early doors & the Dippers came at us came at us like a runaway freight train, similar to their team of 4 years ago. The key to that is holding on for the first 30 mins, because if they take the lead, they'll sit on it & keep picking you off with lightning counters & that's exactly what they did.

I can't say any of our players stood out as there was no one who looked match fit enough to fight the fight on their own. Too many players not match ready the start of a season, but what's new hey? )(

Good to see Foden get some minutes & Alvarez is looking better every time I see him & he took his goal well. Having strikers in those opportune positions at crucial moments is exactly what we missed last season.

I've no gripes with the score, but the penalty (which it was) knocked the stuffing out of us, so the Nunez goal came as no surprise.

Nunez looks a frighting handful, so hopefully Haaland gets off the mark soon before all the comparisons between the two start, & it heaps pressure on his shoulders.

Roll on next Sunday!
Disagree with the opening line.We did look off from the kick up but we were better for longer periods in the second half despite us playing a grand total of two pre-season friendlies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.