Liverpool (N) | Community Shield | Post-Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO we recently seem to get back into training later and have less of a preseason than competing clubs / extend our players holiday by an extra week or so. No surprise that leaves us less than match sharp at the blunt end of the season but IMO we get our rewards for that at the end of the season.
Toady wasn’t good but I’m leaning heavily on it being due to our using a system them will mop up honours at the sharp end.
Don’t get that logic. We could give 20 min run ours with more games and end up better off. Also I think we peaked a bit early last year and in the business end where cup semis and key league games come up look not quite on it. I’m spoiled tho!

Same old shit from the dippers, Nunez is world class, Haaland is shite.

Just a bad day at the office, we looked a touch off pace but Liverpool as always are absolutely desperate to get one over us whenever they can. Just means we owe them one now this season.

On pitch, Grealish cut inside too much for my liking. He stifled Cancelo down the left hand side. And Mahrez seemed to do everything he could to keep the ball away from Haaland. Foden and Alvarez looked good when they came on. We’ll be back.
Or Cancelo didn't do his job to make space for Grealish. Grealish needs an overlapping LB to enable him to flourish. Not his fault the club still haven't bought one. Pep needs to work out how to use Jack properly. Pre-season games it looked like progress was being made on this front. This game back to the same old problem of Cancelo occupying the same space as Grealish too often.

While I'm on the topic of these two: Jack lost the ball 6 times (least of everyone) and Cancelo lost it 22 times (most of everyone). Cancelo gets a big pass from this fanbase for being a pretty shitty defender.

Or Cancelo didn't do his job to make space for Grealish. Grealish needs an overlapping LB to enable him to flourish. Not his fault the club still haven't bought one. Pep needs to work out how to use Jack properly. Pre-season games it looked like progress was being made on this front. This game back to the same old problem of Cancelo occupying the same space as Grealish too often.

While I'm on the topic of these two: Jack lost the ball 6 times (least of everyone) and Cancelo lost it 22 times (most of everyone). Cancelo gets a big pass from this fanbase for being a pretty shitty defender.
This. I honestly dont see Jack on LW. But if there is a proper LB he can do a lot for him.

Agree. Cancello against the best teams is a weakness. We absolutely need a natural FB. Our left was targeted today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.