Liverpool (N) | Community Shield | Post-Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
When's the last time under pep we looked ready straight out of pre season?
But I accepted that as there were summer tournaments and players returning several weeks after others, different rest periods, everyone at different levels etc. But this season I don’t see why we couldn’t have been more prepared than previous seasons considering the conditions were better for that.

Been back half an hour so apologies if this has been mentioned, sat high up in block H row GG
There was at least 14-20 Liverpool fans sat around me and the daughter, I’m pretty old school in these things and spotted them a mile off didn’t want to worry my daughter so never mentioned it too her, directly behind us on our left there 7 city stewards who obviously the club had sent understandably to help out .
When they got to leave after their third went in I asked them collectively as to how and why this keeps happening? No answer so then politely asked if they could raise this on Monday at a debriefing they probably have ? One of the stewards smiled then replied and I quote “outstanding isn’t it “ what he meant I don’t know. But great vocal support from city today regardless, and for me take the charity sheild on the road every season… but not Leicester it’s a mare to get in and out from.
not long back myself as per my earlier post. We got directed off onto the A50 and skirted the City centre, after a bit of a fluff parked at the hospital and it was no issue getting away as we were on the right side of the stadium and away from the hoards heading straight onto the M1. As for scousers getting our tickets, a few things, of course they went on sale were you could buy two which means people will buy for dipper mates, the other thing is Liverpool fans having City season tickets, ok, stick with me on this one! I know for a fact some none City fans who have had the cheap discounted seats in the family stand, they then ditch them when they become full price. If you are a dipper fan and have money to spare and live in Manchester, we’ll you can guess the rest.

Gutted? I couldn't care less. It's a meaningless friendly to everybody except the winners, and they were desperate to beat us.

Do you seriously think Haaland gives a toss what Nunez does? I don't know how anybody can compare two players based on one match, and one of them wasn't playing for most of it.

They were given a tough pre-season so they'll be knackered come the end of it, same as last year. It was mentioned several times that Guardiola likes to give his players as much rest as possible, THAT is why we've won 4 out of the last 5 Prem titles
A "meaningless" game was Leipsig away when we were already through as group winners. Guardiola doesn't see the Community Shield as "meaningless", & counts it as a legitimate trophy to be won as they apparently do in Spain, Italy & Germany.

If the game was "meaningless", why waste time watching it? It may have been "meaningless" to you, but it wasn't to the thousands of fans who paid good money to see our boys perform & those who took time out to watch it on the telly.

My point is already been borne out that the media have started making comparisons between Haaland & Nunez who did make an impact when he came on. I want Haaland to shove their jibes up their arses. It'll take an adjustment from Haaland, but if he looks at Kane's game, that's the pointer he'll need to start regularly doing the business for us in the PL & CL.

As mentioned there are valid reasons for ours & the dippers showing today & we already know we're generally slow starters, but you & I see things differently. I want us to win every match we play, so pardon me for being "gutted" as a City fan that we lost.

Finally & again, if today's Community Shield was so "meaningless" to you, why waste 2 hours watching it? :-|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.