Liverpool (N) - FA Cup - Sat 16th April, 15:30 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this too
It’s a great opportunity for Chelsea or Palace. Whichever team wins today will be playing critical midweek PL games either side of the final. Neither would be at full strength for the final, both would be knackered

Arguably, the psychological dynamics favours City. Liverpool will put pressure on themselves to win because most of their players were rested and because City (may) have key absences. When high-quality players like ours are the underdogs it can help them to put in a great performance.

If City won, that would be kind of heroic given the circumstances. If Liverpool failed to win, that would be depressing for them. This psychological asymmetry may help us to perform better than expected. Research shows that fatigue may be overcome to an extent through the right mental attitude.

Trepidation and a bit of nerves. Hopefully this could be the day for Jack Grealish to put on a show. Ederson plays and we might just shade it.

Youngest lad gone with his missus on the free coaches. Will go to my eldest lad's to watch. Might walk to Asda in a bit to calm my nerves rather than drive !

Boys in Blue and all that......

As my dear old man used to say, when the chips are down, City are always there.
It seems like one of those days today - should be knackered and not at full strength, so it harks back to the days of Tony Towers, Derek Jeffries, Dave Connor, coming in and doing the business - maybe playing out of position - and we'd still get a good result.
I think the spirit from Wednesday night will carry us a long way too. Scousers will be over confident, having rested, but, we'll give them a big test today, and come out on top. I can feel it in my bones. A City win - don't care if it's on penalties or what, but I hope not, as extra time will drain our players more than theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.