Liverpool - no more major transfers this window

simon23

Team supported
ManCity
Rafa has come out and said that there will be no major transfers for liverpool this summer....just one or two that he thinks can fit into the team but no big money signings.........he is happy with his squad they way it is....but he needs to keep hold of alonso and masscharano.

What does everyone think....good for us as there is one less competitor in the market but is rafa playing a very dangerous game here......we all know that if he gets one or two major injuries to either torres or gerrrard (esp) or both at the same time then they could be in trouble.......

also will these financial constraints he is obviously being put under by the oweners push him too far and cause him to walk.....hasnt he nearly doen that before??????

simon23 said:
Rafa has come out and said that there will be no major transfers for liverpool this summer....just one or two that he thinks can fit into the team but no big money signings.........he is happy with his squad they way it is....but he needs to keep hold of alonso and masscharano.

What does everyone think....good for us as there is one less competitor in the market but is rafa playing a very dangerous game here......we all know that if he gets one or two major injuries to either torres or gerrrard (esp) or both at the same time then they could be in trouble.......

also will these financial constraints he is obviously being put under by the oweners push him too far and cause him to walk.....hasnt he nearly doen that before??????

I think he said more along the lines of not spending crazy money.Liverpool have a gelled unit.A couple of even low-key additions in the right area could see them start as favourites as long as alonso and mascherano don't leave.

I think they've already got the players to be a good shout for the title this time. Unless they get very unlucky with injuries.

Gooner89 said:
simon23 said:

I think he said more along the lines of not spending crazy money.Liverpool have a gelled unit.A couple of even low-key additions in the right area could see them start as favourites as long as alonso and mascherano don't leave.
I'm not too sure they needed another two full-backs though to add to the eight he has previously signed.

Maybe this is type of player they are now looking at..

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/liverpool-lurk-as-sunderlands-cattermole-bid-fails-1741777.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 41777.html</a>

Liverpools first team is pretty good. I don't rate their squad players at all though. For them to have another shot at the title, their key players have to stay fit and Rafa has to stay away from his rotation policy.

The likes of Lucas, Babel, Riera, Dossena, Arbeloa etc, i don't think are good enough to be playing regularly in a title winning team. Glen Johnson also has to prove that he can step up, because he failed badly at Chelsea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.