Liverpool pay City £1 million in "spy" settlement for hacking - biggest PL scandal

You are missing the point I am making. If they were to be found guilty the obvious punishment is having points being docked. There is no way on this earth that the powers that be would dare do that, hell they couldn't even chalk off their goal to give us the penalty the other week. Can you imagine them working to the letter of the law and giving LiVARpool a points deduction ?

Edit: Actually they will wait until the week before the end of the season to announce the punishment. With one game to go LiVARpool will be 7 points in front of us and will be docked 3 points. They could then turn around and show how decisively they have acted.
You are ruling out relegation then?

The Parliamentary select Committee on sport were following this. Of course it's a hot potato for the regulators that they won't want to touch, but if City have documentary proof then the FA may have no choice but to open an enquiry.

Last edited:
Why aren't UEFA interested in this? or FIFA? or the other big clubs around Europe? The hacking could've led to them signing Coutinho based on our scouting reports on him which they received £100+ million from Barcelona for, which led to the signings of Alison and Van Dijk. Those 2 signings helped strengthen them significantly and got them the champions league arguably. A hefty fine, points reduction, and all trophies should be taken off them won between when the hacking took place and now, they've gained an unfair advantage over opposition. Expulsion from the Champions League for a number of seasons should also be considered, they didn't just hack a Premier League rival, they hacked a European rival too.

If LiVARpool is found guilty and I think there is no doubt that they are then the minimum number of points they should be docked should be into double figures. If they are still top of the league then it will be one of those times when they will deduct them one less point than they are clear to keep them top and then say we have punished them. IMO opinion if found guilty then relegation should be a certainty. Let's not underestimate what has been done here.

you seem to know your stuff on this so i will ask you. Is there anything that says if a clubs found guilty of this then they can have points deducted etc?

i hope your right but i dont see it. I can see the payment made as a golden handshake and left at that.

That payment was between City and the Dippers it has no relevance to breaking the law or breaching FA rules. Hence the Dippers could and should be punished on two fronts. If I assault your wife - I can pay you hush money but if the CPS bring a case my hush money would be meaningless - (and I could still be convicted of a criminal offence) - other than perhaps an admission of guilt.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.