Liverpool pay City £1 million in "spy" settlement for hacking - biggest PL scandal

they wont get any further punishment, we've accepted a payment from them to keep it hush hush
Don't mix up civil action, criminal proceedings and administrative action.
1 The payment to City was in settlement of City's right to sue for damages. (Civil)
2 Hacking is a criminal offence on which Liverpool may still face charges (Criminal)
3. Administrative punishment may still follow both the above, if Liverpool have broken any PL or FA rules. (Administrative)

i hope your right but i dont see it. I can see the payment made as a golden handshake and left at that.
The legal basis is City's right to civil damages, in sttlement thereof. It is correct to say criminal and administrative action can both follow.

I don't see how there can be any certainty that a points penalty would be considered in 2019-20 for something from years ago. Complete minefield and bound to go to CAS.

Is there any recent precedent?

The legal basis is City's right to civil damages, in sttlement thereof. It is correct to say criminal and administrative action can both follow.
If it was ex city employees abusing log in privileges to city scouting info, then surely it is the individuals rather than the dippers that have committed the crime?

Bet City are kicking themselves they didnt report it to the fraud squad instead of a measly 1 million pay off bet Liverpool couldnt believe it!

I’ll tell you something if it was City doing exactly what they did we would of been in deep shit by all the authorities! You just see how those scousers behaved when paid a decent fee for Sterling!!
Exactly titles stripped and points deducted going into the next season I reckon. The frothing at the mouth would have been something else

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.