Liverpool pay City £1 million in "spy" settlement for hacking - biggest PL scandal

No doubt the two coaches concerned will get a ban from football and the dippers will probably get away with it with a “we knew nothing about what they were doing” plea. Slap on the wrist

No doubt the two coaches concerned will get a ban from football and the dippers will probably get away with it with a “we knew nothing about what they were doing” plea. Slap on the wrist

But they paid a million to us, so someone high up authorised the payment. Question is did that someone know about the hacking before it was discovered? If I was one of the scouts, I would have OK'd it with my bosses first. Also, they may have been recruited for what they knew of our scouting system, rather than their scouting skills? If the cops get involved, I would imagine these are the kind of questions they'll be asked. Oh, silly me it's Merseyside Police. How could I forget?

it’s been previously discussed. LFC are responsible for the actions of their employees and it is the organisation that will be sanctioned. Individuals may be sanctioned or charged separately but the FA and (hopefully the SFO) would charge Liverpool first and foremost. When Barclay’s employees fixed LIBOR with or without Barclay’s knowledge it was the Bank that was sanctioned and fined heavily.

it’s been previously discussed. LFC are responsible for the actions of their employees and it is the organisation that will be sanctioned. Individuals may be sanctioned or charged separately but the FA and (hopefully the SFO) would charge Liverpool first and foremost. When Barclay’s employees fixed LIBOR with or without Barclay’s knowledge it was the Bank that was sanctioned and fined heavily.
That assumes a desire by the FA to act.

That’s my concern. This is very serious - Liverpool would face a huge sanction if found guilty. Relegation, huge fine etc.... I wonder if the FA have the balls for that?
Yep think they will try to downgrade the offence somehow eg plead guilty to x and we will drop y

That’s my concern. This is very serious - Liverpool would face a huge sanction if found guilty. Relegation, huge fine etc.... I wonder if the FA have the balls for that?
Agreed. Said before that the minimum sanction would be huge points reduction and I mean double figures not just a paltry three. The fact that the hackers are still in employment speaks volumes in that their actions were condoned.

Relegation?

Mad dreams.
I don't think so. The bigger question is will they be charged. It will be all or nothing imo.

They'll either get away entirely or they will face a massive points deduction/relegation.

We haven't discussed FIFA activity. Why aren't they looking at it? Perhaps they will.

I don't think so. The bigger question is will they be charged. It will be all or nothing imo.

They'll either get away entirely or they will face a massive points deduction/relegation.

We haven't discussed FIFA activity. Why aren't they looking at it? Perhaps they will.

Cant see anyone having the balls to relegate the CL holders mate I really cant.

Surely as well, if they do get 'done', then wont we for our part in accepting the pay off?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.