Liverpool Post Match Thread

No, I am still not over what was the worst performance by a City team especially of this quality that I have ever seen, I can normally take some positives out of a game even a defeat but not this one

The 2nd half capitulation at Spurs is up there too as one of the worst performances in recent years. Even their fans couldn't believe it.

No, I am still not over what was the worst performance by a City team especially of this quality that I have ever seen, I can normally take some positives out of a game even a defeat but not this one

I am with you on this one,the more i have sat and thought about it the more annoyed i am. It was like all 11 players had just been picked from a group of players but had never played together before. For some even doing the basics seemed beyond them,it was like a mass capitulation.One positive was no injury to Sergio and his goal which was quality.

I just watched the highlight and we could;ve taken a point .Not our day but we will bounce back.
Come on city

The first half against Newcastle was at least as bad as the dippers and Spurs. We just got lucky because we were playing a poor team who couldn't take advantage.

To approach the game on Saturday the way we did was suicidal. When your team is decimated by injuries you cut your cloth accordingly. The outcome was inevitable.

I just watched the highlight and we could;ve taken a point .Not our day but we will bounce back.
Come on city
Haha! I'd love to see the highlights package that shows us worthy of a draw. A career in hollywood beckons for that particular editor.

You alluded to it another thread that we wont win anything this season if we keep playing like we have been and I agree with you. December is a huge month for us fixtures wise and we need to be in the top 3 form wise over this period.

Against the run of play? Hardly. We had a good 5 mins and it was shit after that. Where we are crap is that two of their goals came from us having a throw in and us having the ball in their corner. We shit out of tackles (Sterling was particularly guilty for the 3rd goal) we don't foul when we should, unlike the Scousers who picked up 3 bookings for cynical trips to stop our play. We are just too nice at times. 2nd half, benteke had the ball around 35 yards from goal. Mangala just let him run until he was 10 yards out and Hart made a good save although I think they scored from that corner. It was just unbelievably shit play from Mangala. Bring the fucker down at 35 yards out if you have to. He wasn't the last man so it was a booking at worst.
Stick to my view that they struck against the run of play - but can't disagree with the rest of your post - I just feel everyone is running away with themselves re the Liverpool performance, everyone that is but Klopp and I agree with him - also on a more intelligent point, I'm sooooo happy Skirtle is pig ugly.

Not sure what game you were watching. Milner can run all day, I'd imagine Klopp will quite like having him at his disposal.
They took advantage of breakaways and our errors in periods when we were on top of them imo -I don't see how anyone can dispute that -they played in flashes - re Milner sorry mate but nonsense! He may be laughing now, but you know how the saying goes.

Last edited:
Can i have some of what you have been smoking mate?
Try watching the game dispassionately - I've watched the whole game replay twice since Saturday - it piggin' hurts like a b*@tch - obviously, we were abysmal but I stand by the view that they hit us in periods when we were on top - that even applied to their last goal.

Neville is a superb pundit. His analysis of the game just now on MNF was bang on the money. Especially what he said about it being 6 v 4 in Liverpool's favour in the middle of the park. That was fine, providing we could make use of our 2 v 1 situations on both flanks, due to Liverpool's narrow shape. He then demonstrated quite excellently how inept we were at recognising these situations. Can't argue with a word he said.
Would usually agree re GN I relate to his values as a Manc', but the 'love in' he has with Martin Tyler during game commentary is sickening and is becoming increasingly more nauseating even embarrassing imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.