Liverpool - post match thread.

It just saddens me mate, it really does.

I just, for the life of me, wonder why the so called best manager in the world picks him week in week out.

Kolerov didn't play well, but neither did the "superstars" kun or Kevin , to blame just kolerov is pointless, most didn't play great today.

I'm glad I was watching the game in my parallel universe, where we were by far the better team, even though we didn't have the final cutting edge/bit of luck required to score. In my universe the team worked really hard and other than a couple of times all game, hunted Liverpool down and hounded them off the ball really quickly (unfortunately, they got a perfect cross and header on one of the occasions we backed off). In my universe we had almost twice as many shots overall, twice as many shots on target, and 57% possession. My universe's Kolarov momentarily lost his man for the goal, but otherwise played well, as did Zabaleta.

I won't argue with what anyone else saw in their universe, I'm just glad I'm not in any of them because it sounds like we were shit in most of them. We are unlikely to win the league in mine, and that's hard to take, but I don't have too many complaints about our performance today, which wasn't dissimilar to the game against Arsenal. If we replayed today's game 10 times, I'm confident we'd win more than we'd lose.

It just saddens me mate, it really does.

I just, for the life of me, wonder why the so called best manager in the world picks him week in week out.

Kolerov didn't play well, but neither did the "superstars" kun or Kevin , to blame just kolerov is pointless, most didn't play great today.

I thought zabba was very good. Stones played well and Sterling tried but didn't show much. Other than that we were poor. Passing was terrible all over the field. De bruyne probably had his worst game in a city shirt so far.

Gutless,passionless horribleness !

Growing tired of it all ,just miss the Keegan days back in Div 1 !!

I agree mate-totally.

What the fuck does he see in Kolorov?

He's only in for his left foot and his "Ability" to switch play.

How about picking FB's who can fucking defend.

It's fucking depressing.
He's at Girona. We have no full backs that can defend.

I'm well aware that Kev was particularly shite tonight, however with AK it's a constant predictability about his wankness.

We didn't do enough to deserve a win, but frankly neither did Liverpool. The difference was essentially a mistake from kolarov, whose passing was careless all evening to be honest. We should have been turning in possession and heading at their back four with speed, especially after the one cb took an early booking and then rode his chances with a second dubious challenge minutes later. We didn't, so after conceeding it was always going to be a struggle with our aversion to shooting on target.

In the long run it doesn't mean too much, must beat Burnley now to get back on track. Liverpool have mane missing for a few weeks now, coutinho may be back but I still think they'll crumble and the gap between us is perfectly achievable.

I also though pawson let himself down as the game went on. He visibly crumbled in the anfield atmosphere and it influenced several decisions in the home teams favour, nothing game changing but still poor. To have three or four of each team surrounding you over each decision I guess shows how he lost control most aptly. I think i even saw him allow Mignolet one minute fourteen seconds to take a free kick at the end if the game there. Ah well, to be expected I suppose, though does still make me chuckle that the crowd there screaming for every decision as they do from the toss of the coin onwards, always seems that much more higher pitched at anfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.