Liverpool - post match thread.

Eh I'm pretty sure Firmino was infront of him and played it back to him.

Your right but he was offside in the first phase - so the flag should have gone up. Strangely the assistant who was flag happy first half was reticent second half - missed a couple.

Showed character to get back into the game after some shocking decisions by the ref and considering we played weds night and they had a clear week,but it ends up like Groundhog Day over missed chances in the game,can't for the life of me remember a team have so many chances in games and fail to take the majority of them..break and then Arsenal game which most likely by then wenger will have stated his position to piss off or stay..

So that doesn't make it a penalty? He touches the ball, not cleared it, which is still in Firmino s possession and after he faults him. I think it was a penalty. We had 2 penalties as well, but we played so poorly that I can't blame the ref for the result.
You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.
I think he's trying pretty hard to be wrong, so give him credit for that.

Won't suggest the sniff test, because there are a lot of contrarian City fans out there as well.

Your right but he was offside in the first phase - so the flag should have gone up. Strangely the assistant who was flag happy first half was reticent second half - missed a couple.
Ah fair enough I didn't spot that one.

Fantastic response by the team after midweek shock. Everything against us once again, morale, physical condition, ref decisions. After all this, most teams would have surrendered following the 0-1 in the beginning of the 2nd half. It took a lot of guts to maintain our composure and keep on fighting, City came from behind once again and claimed the victory till the very last moment, against a fresh team, by far superior in terms of energy. We deserved it, I'm sad for the boys, they gave everything. Calm decisions from the bench, Guardiola tried to control the game, help the team attack while being as secure as possible at the back. He tried to improve our ballance while seeking the winning goal till the final whistle, all his actions justified...

Just listening to the manager's short post match interview. One of the happiest days in his managerial carreer he says, proud of his players. Completely agree, I would shake everybody's hand if I could be in the dressing room...

By the way, if I remember well, the prematch thread reflected anything but confidence and optimism. Now I read posts saying draw is not enough. Yeah... Well guess what, Guardiola and players agree, they never settled for a draw and did everything they could to win. Just seems they're not good enough to deserve some people's appreciation and support, are they? A shame really...

City fans should be proud of their team. Personally I was once again moved, watching City playing is really an experience...

PS. Lost for words to describe Kevin's assist. He deserves much much more, his stats should be better, if only we were more clinical. I'll say it once again, if he believes in himself he can become the best player in the world...
PS2. Had we converted the Leroy - Sergio combination, it would be the goal of the decade. World class play...
Right on, you have converted me to your way of analysis;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.