Liverpool Thread 2013/14 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the whole romanticising of Liverpool I can't be doing with. The reason why Liverpool are not expected to win it this year is because of their abject failure in the premier league years despite spending as much money as those that have won the league. The whole 'you have spent more money so you should win the league' just annoys me because if it was as simple as that Liverpool would have 5 premier league titles to their name.

If we don't win the title the only thing that has cost us was bringing in a new manager who didn't quite understand the league and how difficult games at Cardiff, Villa, Sunderland can be. Since the Sunderland defeat we have practically been unbeatable and if we continue this form we should win the league but I understand that Liverpool are in the same position. I'm not belittling Liverpool's 'success' so far this season, they've done brilliantly but I just cannot be arsed with the bullshit that will be attached to them winning the league and/or us losing it.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Inter Me Nan said:
Rico1304 said:
City haven't dominated at any time so that's a bit rich, have won it once on the last day of the season then failed miserably the year after to a shit Utd team. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

In order to get world wide acclaim consistency is the key - city are miles behind the elite. The new campus may improve youth development but it's no guarantee.
Three ;)
Doesn't that tell you everything.
Irony at it's absolute finest !<br /><br />-- Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:31 pm --<br /><br />
moomba said:
Rico1304 said:
City haven't dominated at any time so that's a bit rich, have won it once on the last day of the season then failed miserably the year after to a shit Utd team. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

In order to get world wide acclaim consistency is the key - city are miles behind the elite. The new campus may improve youth development but it's no guarantee.

Heres a man who knows his football history.
Erm iisstreeeee thankyou !

Rico1304 said:
Some charming responses, makes me glad I'm part of the human race.

It's obvious City have a better side, facilities and in all honesty prospects of staying at the top for years to come. Good luck to you, I'd take an owner like yours in an instant.

I do find it strange the attitude of quite a few on here. Almost as if success has made you forget what it's like to struggle.
We've had 20 yrs without a league but success in other comps and challenged a few times. Never dropped out if the league though.

For the record I've loads of City mates, know you aren't all knobs and cheered as loud as anyone for the Aguerooooooo goal.

You've never known what struggle is in your lifetime la, so quit the snide 'know your place and be humble' digs, they're hardly charming.

Remind me, which of our two clubs were first to win a European trophy?

istreeeeee!

Inter Me Nan said:
Rico1304 said:

Three ;)

i love the "on the last day of the season" bit as though "a good team would have it won in march"
lets see how gutted he is if they score in the 95th min to rip it from us

jay_mcfc said:
It's the whole romanticising of Liverpool I can't be doing with. The reason why Liverpool are not expected to win it this year is because of their abject failure in the premier league years despite spending as much money as those that have won the league. The whole 'you have spent more money so you should win the league' just annoys me because if it was as simple as that Liverpool would have 5 premier league titles to their name.

If we don't win the title the only thing that has cost us was bringing in a new manager who didn't quite understand the league and how difficult games at Cardiff, Villa, Sunderland can be. Since the Sunderland defeat we have practically been unbeatable and if we continue this form we should win the league but I understand that Liverpool are in the same position. I'm not belittling Liverpool's 'success' so far this season, they've done brilliantly but I just cannot be arsed with the bullshit that will be attached to them winning the league and/or us losing it.

I don't think it's any more romanticised than when you guys won it. The interview with the old guy o/s the stadium is an example - that was brilliant though and I did enjoy it.

Look, I'm a bloke in his 40's who had the glory days when I was at school. All my adult life we've had Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea really dominating things. Utds record speaks for itself and the unbeatables is something I don't think we'll see again.

Putting defeats to 'lesser' clubs down to an inexperienced manager is a bit strange. Surely he knows the league and his back room staff certainly do so it's the players who let him down perhaps by taking things to easy against those clubs.

Apologies for not knowing City's record in the League, you know with me not supporting them I've not bothered...Christ.

Rico1304 said:
I do find it strange the attitude of quite a few on here. Almost as if success has made you forget what it's like to struggle.
We've had 20 yrs without a league but success in other comps and challenged a few times. Never dropped out if the league though.

I do love these little tidbits. I'd be willing to bet my last quid you already thought that before you'd read a word of this forum. Probably heard it from Hansen or Lawro on MOTD.

Rico1304 said:
jay_mcfc said:

I don't think it's any more romanticised than when you guys won it. The interview with the old guy o/s the stadium is an example - that was brilliant though and I did enjoy it.

Look, I'm a bloke in his 40's who had the glory days when I was at school. All my adult life we've had Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea really dominating things. Utds record speaks for itself and the unbeatables is something I don't think we'll see again.

Putting defeats to 'lesser' clubs down to an inexperienced manager is a bit strange. Surely he knows the league and his back room staff certainly do so it's the players who let him down perhaps by taking things to easy against those clubs.

Apologies for not knowing City's record in the League, you know with me not supporting them I've not bothered...Christ.

i don't put it down to inexperience i just think thats football, the most experienced manager in the world will at some points lose to weaker side, we just do it less than most, thats why at the moment and taking for granted we would have beat Aston villa and Sunderland at home we would be top of the league, still above a side who your fans think are playing the best football you have seen in 25 years, thinks not to bad at our place mate<br /><br />-- Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:21 pm --<br /><br />
adrianr said:
Rico1304 said:

I do love these little tidbits. I'd be willing to bet my last quid you already thought that before you'd read a word of this forum. Probably heard it from Hansen or Lawro on MOTD.

strange he mentions forgot as i forgot Liverpool won the league in 1994

Can I ask,

what is it that everyone is afraid of if we win the league? I hear people all the time saying "If Liverpool win the league, we'll never hear the end of it" "I cannot bear to see Liverpool win the league, can you imagine?"

Whats going to happen? What difference does it make if we or Chelsea win it?

:) Thanks in advance.

LFC-Fans said:
Can I ask,

what is it that everyone is afraid of if we win the league? I hear people all the time saying "If Liverpool win the league, we'll never hear the end of it" "I cannot bear to see Liverpool win the league, can you imagine?"

Whats going to happen? What difference does it make if we or Chelsea win it?

:) Thanks in advance.
Chelsea have no fans in England outside of London, so most of us don't really have to concern ourselves with their opinions, plus they don't have the entire media filled to the brim with their ex players ramming their pro-Liverpool agenda down our throats every two seconds. Not to mention that Liverpool fans are essentially as bad as rag fans, but without the recent success to back up their arrogance and sense of entitlement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.