Liverpool Thread 2013/14 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scouse_Jimi said:
ArdwickBlue said:
You was alright on here early on in the season, however I have noticed since Liverpool have been doing well you have become as undesirable as a shell suit and a moustache!.

The last comment I saw you post was about us being deluded because somebody on here suggested we should try and sign Sterling instead of Suarez on the Suarez thread.

The reason you gave for us being deluded was some shit along the lines of "young English talent who currently get first team chances, wouldn't commit career suicide joining us, like Rodwell has".

I thought you scousers (if you are one, I.E. from Liverpool and not just a glory hunter born in the 70's/80's) are not supposed to like The Sun Newspaper....

Funny, you sound like you get all of your information from it.

Let's face it Jimi you looked an ill informed 10 year old with your comments about Jack Rodwell, do yourself a favour grow up before you debate with the grown ups!.

Not really...I just find certain points of view quite laughable and the point of view that a young player should move to city really doesn't stand up. Scott Sinclair, he's still signed for you right? Young lad, doing well - moves to City and disappears...Rodwell, you say he's perennially injured - I have no idea, but he didn't seem to get much of a look in from the outside looking in. The point being that no young player in their right mind would move to City because when are they ever going to get a chance in the first team? The manager is under pressure to provide success, therefore the tried and tested internationals will be way ahead of blooding the youth players...The City Carling cup team is mostly "senior" players...So yes, it is laughable and it's got fuck all to do with Liverpool doing well...It's called an opinion.

Fuck knows what you're banging on about the S*n for either? The Aguero story was in the guardian as well as a number of other papers if that's what your ramble was about??

Yeah, young lads like Nastasic. Never got a chance did they? Stupid career ruining City.

And that Marcos Lopes lad. Never played a game for us.

Nor did young Jovetic who has never played for City.

It's diabolical how City ruin the careers of players who aren't good enough to play for City. On a completely unrelated note, how is Jonjo Shelvey, Danny Wilson, Sebastian Coates, Fabio Borini, Andy Carroll and Jordan Ibe getting on for you you delusional scouse wanker? Fuck off.

kippaxblue76 said:
Pokes28 said:
I'll admit the Liverpool match makes me nervous. They are playing with such confidence and defensively they have played a lot better. You can't win by parking the bus against them like you can against Chelsea. It doesn't prevent teams from trying as losing 2-0 is better than losing 5-2 if you are fighting against relegation. But for us, there are two things that really worry me. First is the straight up quality of their strikers. They have been absolutely incredible to watch. Second is that we've had trouble marking players and getting caught out of position forcing free kicks, etc deep in our end. Add in Suarez' propensity to dive and with it being at Anfield, I could see them getting a few cheap opportunities.

Now, if we can finally get Aguero back on the pitch everything changes. They will not be able to press as high without worry of the counter from a striker that can actually hit the target with a high percentage. I just doubt he'll be up to playing 60-70 minutes by then.

See how they perform when the real pressure is on, they shit themselves against Sunderland and would have done the same if Spuds hadn't given up after 30 fucking seconds. IMO the pressure will get to them, they will not win every game from now until the end of the season.

Aguero worries me the most, he's bound to come back and be a hero after being injured for so long. I'd say though our game isn't just about pressing high, the one thing we've done well this season more than anything else is to change up formation and style when it fits. We've won games playing on the counter, pressing, controlling - comfortably playing 3-5-2, 4-2-3-1. 4-3-3, 4-4-2 diamond and more.

I'm shitting myself with nerves as we approach the big game at Anfield, I have absolutely no idea how either team is going to set up or what sort of game it's going to be. There are many games where the managers input isn't crucial because of the individuals, but I think it's going to be one of those where if you (either manager) get it seriously wrong you'll get heavily punished.

Regarding the Sunderland game, I don't believe the team shat themselves but everyone in that stadium and everyone watching on their botched streams certainly did. There is a calm around the team, and I'd say exactly the same for you lot too. There's been a lot made of 'can they handle the pressure', but the one's who really haven't handled it is Chelsea.

Mourinho has done a fantastic job of constantly talking his team down in the media, hypocritically lamenting the lack of funds compared to City and saying he expects you to win it. So when they fold like they have done recently, no one is talking about how they can't handle the pressure, Jose had already set the media up. Hey, it's fucking clever - he can't lose really, but what were to happen if we win the title? He'd look more of a twat than he already does.

Damocles said:
It's diabolical how City ruin the careers of players who aren't good enough to play for City. On a completely unrelated note, how is Jonjo Shelvey, Danny Wilson, Sebastian Coates, Fabio Borini, Andy Carroll and Jordan Ibe getting on for you you delusional scouse wanker? Fuck off.

I'm not chiming in on this argument but Jordan Ibe is 18 and is brilliant prospect, stepped in this season for us at times and has handled himself like someone 5 years older. Borini has had a solid year at Sunderland and I expect he'll be part of the squad next year when we're firing on more fronts.

The thing with the young talent argument is you won't find many fans of either team who watch every 90 minutes of their opponents games, in fact that applies for many first teamers as well.

Scouse_Jimi said:
ArdwickBlue said:
You was alright on here early on in the season, however I have noticed since Liverpool have been doing well you have become as undesirable as a shell suit and a moustache!.

The last comment I saw you post was about us being deluded because somebody on here suggested we should try and sign Sterling instead of Suarez on the Suarez thread.

The reason you gave for us being deluded was some shit along the lines of "young English talent who currently get first team chances, wouldn't commit career suicide joining us, like Rodwell has".

I thought you scousers (if you are one, I.E. from Liverpool and not just a glory hunter born in the 70's/80's) are not supposed to like The Sun Newspaper....

Let's face it Jimi you looked an ill informed 10 year old with your comments about Jack Rodwell, do yourself a favour grow up before you debate with the grown ups!.

Not really...I just find certain points of view quite laughable and the point of view that a young player should move to city really doesn't stand up. Scott Sinclair, he's still signed for you right? Young lad, doing well - moves to City and disappears...Rodwell, you say he's perennially injured - I have no idea, but he didn't seem to get much of a look in from the outside looking in. The point being that no young player in their right mind would move to City because when are they ever going to get a chance in the first team? The manager is under pressure to provide success, therefore the tried and tested internationals will be way ahead of blooding the youth players...The City Carling cup team is mostly "senior" players...So yes, it is laughable and it's got fuck all to do with Liverpool doing well...It's called an opinion.

Fuck knows what you're banging on about the S*n for either? The Aguero story was in the guardian as well as a number of other papers if that's what your ramble was about??
Great examples that you use and you call someone else's comments laughable .I struggle to converse with such bias,so i'll stay out !

When fans of other clubs say that youngsters don't get a chance at City they are basing it mainly on the evidence of the past and the present, in terms of the first team, and it's a viewpoint that's not without some justification and merit imo.

When City fans talk about that situation changing they are basing it on what they know is happening at the club now and the plans for the future. It is an entirely logical assumption to draw.

Many clubs, most discernibly Chelsea, play lip service to developing young talent, but City have an action plan which is strategic, well conceived, incredibly thorough and, of course, very well resourced.

In the next five years, City's MO as a club, in terms of how it is perceived by others, will undertake a shift equally as big as the one it has been subject to in the last half decade. Anyone who continues to look upon us merely as a club that "buys success" by flexing our muscles in the transfer market in a few years time will do so because they are consumed by bile, rather than operating in the realms of logic.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
When fans of other clubs say that youngsters don't get a chance at City they are basing it mainly on the evidence of the past and the present, in terms of the first team, and it's a viewpoint that's not without some justification and merit imo.

When City fans talk about that situation changing they are basing it on what they know is happening at the club now and the plans for the future. It is an entirely logical assumption to draw.

Many clubs, most discernibly Chelsea, play lip service to developing young talent, but City have an action plan which is strategic, well conceived, incredibly thorough and, of course, very well resourced.

In the next five years, City's MO as a club, in terms of how it is perceived by others, will undertake a shift equally as big as the one it has been subject to in the last half decade. Anyone who continues to look upon us merely as a club that "buys success" by flexing our muscles in the transfer market in a few years time will do so because they are consumed by bile, rather than operating in the realms of logic.

As usual, good post GDM. While I think Jimi cited a couple of poor examples, I don't think you can blame opposition fans for thinking that City don't give youth much of a chance going off the past few years. We also can't expect them to know everything about the club's plans for the future - after all, how many of us know every detail about Liverpool's future plans for example?

How successful the new academy will be is anyone's guess but as you say what can't be doubted is that City are investing a lot of time, effort, and money into it. That should give us a great chance of seeing the best young talent break through into the first team over the coming years.

gordondaviesmoustache said:

Plenty of bile to go round though GDM, we could win a Champions League with 11 homegrown youngsters and there'd be a few that would still be making reference too this phase.

I've had this discussion with Scousers before about blooding youngsters, doing things the correct way ad nauseam. Looking at the North West in the decades before the takeover the best young players would sign for Liverpool and United - look at the number of quality Liverpool players who support Everton but were attracted to the more successful club. It's only when a club starts to see success and it has some stability that you can attract the cream of young talent. I've no doubt that with the facilities we're building and more success on the field will lead to youth players coming through but it won't be overnight.

Sinclair and Rodwell are poor examples. Both were bad buys on our side for different reasons and if our resident Scally had done his research he would see that when Rodwell has been fit he's been given a chance in the team - but it just hasn't worked out. Sinclair just isn't good enough at this level as he's proved out on loan.

Personally I would prefer Chelsea to win the league even though I dislike Maureen. Because if Liverpool win I'm not sure I can take the self righteous "we did it the right way" bullshit that would follow.

Damocles said:
Scouse_Jimi said:
ArdwickBlue said:

Yeah, young lads like Nastasic. Never got a chance did they? Stupid career ruining City.

And that Marcos Lopes lad. Never played a game for us.

Nor did young Jovetic who has never played for City.

Rinse of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.