Liverpool Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scouse_Jimi said:
Syth said:
Didn't Dalglish manage only a year at your place Jimi? :P

A year and a half...

I don't count uncle woy as, well...I'd rather forget about him.

We've had a turbulent few years, the club was nearly 'doing a Leeds' until our current owners came along and their knowledge of football was limited hence why they foolishly trusted Comolli as well as financially backing the 'expert' - Downing £18m, Carroll £35m....

We should be a little more stable now...interesting point that JoeMercer'sWay made, that's exactly the model LFC are working towards - A style of play that doesn't change, the Academy, Scouts and backroom staff all stable and a head coach/manager who could be replaced without having to rebuild the team every time.

what you need now is some pools money for some financial doping

whoooooooooooooops been there and done that

A4119_zpsb44e269d.jpg

Scouse_Jimi said:
stony said:
Short termism ? You need to read to research a bit more Jimi before coming out with ridiculous statements like that. The initial investment in players was needed in order to catch up and has already slowed down considerably. We are however putting a lot of money into the academy.

Khaldoon has said time and again that our aim is for the academy to produce a large percentage of the first team in the near future. We've been busy snapping up the best young talent from around the world and the investment in the new training facilities/academy is unprecedented in the English game.

complex_2339413b.jpg

I know all about your youth complex plans, very grand indeed but what I said was short termism in relation to the manager. If he plays the kids and loses the league - he'll be out on his ear.

Getting rid of Mancini, for me anyway, smacked of Chelseas level of patience with the manager...that's why I feel your owners are short termist, I know they're investing a lot in the area but I just don't see when your kids will ever get played...

Edit: Where on these forums would I find reports on your youth teams and signings - interested found your youth thread :)

I dont think theres any evidence that playing kids will lead to our manager being sacked, to me it shows a bit of ignorance about our club.

moomba said:
Scouse_Jimi said:
stony said:
Short termism ? You need to read to research a bit more Jimi before coming out with ridiculous statements like that. The initial investment in players was needed in order to catch up and has already slowed down considerably. We are however putting a lot of money into the academy.

Khaldoon has said time and again that our aim is for the academy to produce a large percentage of the first team in the near future. We've been busy snapping up the best young talent from around the world and the investment in the new training facilities/academy is unprecedented in the English game.

complex_2339413b.jpg

I know all about your youth complex plans, very grand indeed but what I said was short termism in relation to the manager. If he plays the kids and loses the league - he'll be out on his ear.

Getting rid of Mancini, for me anyway, smacked of Chelseas level of patience with the manager...that's why I feel your owners are short termist, I know they're investing a lot in the area but I just don't see when your kids will ever get played...

Edit: Where on these forums would I find reports on your youth teams and signings - interested found your youth thread :)

I dont think theres any evidence that playing kids will lead to our manager being sacked, to me it shows a bit of ignorance about our club.

i think in sacking Mancini they were thinking long term. Some of the most successful teams in Europe change managers every 2 or 3 seasons these days and as Mancini was divisive they obviously thought it better to keep a core of players together for the building of a future rather than a manager that wants to change 6 players every 6 months

oh well.............

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23207884

Liverpool have lost out on one of their major transfer targets after Shakhtar Donetsk's Henrikh Mkhitaryan agreed a £21.5m move to Borussia Dortmund.

Manager Brendan Rodgers identified the 24-year-old forward as a top priority.

But the Reds were told on Friday that the Ukrainian side had done a deal with the Champions League finalists.

Liverpool were happy to meet the asking price for Mkhitaryan but it is believed they never got the chance to hold talks with the highly rated Armenian.

Rodgers had hoped to add Mkhitaryan to summer signings Kolo Toure from Manchester City, Sunderland goalkeeper Simon Mignolet, Celta Vigo striker Iago Aspas and Sevilla's Luis Alberto.

Just had a quick nose over on RAWK to see what they are saying about
Suarez wanting out....very weird...could`nt find nothing,it`s like he dos`nt
exist.

bluevengence said:
Just had a quick nose over on RAWK to see what they are saying about
Suarez wanting out....very weird...could`nt find nothing,it`s like he dos`nt
exist.

They are not aloud to post anything about the club that is negative fair do's but it one hell of a head in the sand boring forum

I see gerrard is starting early talking about breaking the top four, it used to be every year is their year, now its every year they are going to break the top 4 , how long till its every year we might get a decent cup run.

mancboy said:
I see gerrard is starting early talking about breaking the top four, it used to be every year is their year, now its every year they are going to break the top 4 , how long till its every year we might get a decent cup run.
Liverpool will not break the top 4, of that I'm certain. They have the 6th best side in the Premier League, and 6th is pretty much where they'll end up. City, United, Cheslea, Arsenal and Spurs all have a better squad, and not just marginally better either. This Armenian bloke turnign Liverpool down without even talkign to them should be an indicator to all that Liverpool are not in the upper echelon of teams anymore. Players can see that they will, at best, be a Europa league side (and not even that this season) and it simply isn't appealing to them. 'istree is all well and good, but footballers don't really care about it, they care about challenging for trophies, and playing in the really big games, Liverpool can't really offer either of those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.