Liverpool Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
superseiyan said:
Matty said:
nehe11 said:
Henderson too.

Neither are DMs. Both are most effective with destroyers, not as destroyers, but it might have something to do with the system Rodgers is implementing.

Very strange going into the season with 1 senior dm. AFAIK, none of the defenders can play in midfield like Jones...
It was Allen I was trying to think of, always think of Henderson as more attacking.
Whatever system Rogers wants to play he'll need some cover for the back 4, and Lucas can't play every game.

Bundesliga - Liverpool’s ‘past’ not enough for Mkhitaryan.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/bundesliga-liverpool-s-past-enough-mkhitaryan-161641749.html

Attacking midfielder Mkhitaryan, 24, had been linked with a move to Anfield after hitting 25 Ukrainian league goals for Shakhtar Donetsk last season.

But Dortmund swooped with a 24 million euro bid and he did not even speak to the Reds in the end, electing to be the high-profile replacement for Mario Goetze.

At his official presentation, Mkhitaryan said Dortmund’s recent success helped him make the decision.

“Liverpool have a great past,” he said. “But Borussia Dortmund has a great present.

“I made this decision with my heart.”

That Dortmund – who were last season’s runners up to Bayern Munich in both the Champions League and Bundesliga – can offer Champions League football, whereas Liverpool cannot, may have something to do with it.

Whatever his reasoning, he is happy to come to Germany, and not worried about the price tag, which starts at 24m euros but could rise to 27.5m euros.

“I have followed the Bundesliga in Ukraine and I know the standard is very high. I’m looking forward to it,” he added.

“I’m not worried about the transfer fee – I hope Dortmund don’t regret a cent of it.”

Mkhitaryan also shrugged off comparisons with Germany playmaker Goetze, who joined Bayern this summer.

“He’s a very good player but a very different type of player. You cannot compare us that easily.”

History doesn't count for much nowa days,the lack of CL football at Liverpool is making it hard for them to attract truly top class players.if the window closed now they wouldn't get top 4 imo

“Liverpool have a great past,” he said. “But Borussia Dortmund has a great present."

Hahaha, ouch!

Suarez transfer saga is going to drag into August

If you were a Liverpool fan would you want to

a) Replace him now and get a replacement
b) Wait for the very best offer - which might not be forthcoming
c) Force him to stay and have an unhappy player on their books

Thing with Liverpool is if they don't get the 40m they want he will not go anywhere even though the player wants the move

Liverpool is seriously being underrated going into this season. We should watch out for them.

thenabster said:
Liverpool is seriously being underrated going into this season. We should watch out for them.
We should watch out for them challenging for fifth maybe. Their squad isn't particularly strong, I think they are being rated pretty fairly by most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.