Liverpool Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matty said:
I can see that argument, but the season is half over by January, and Liverpool's could be seriously shot by then if they've kept hold of Suarez and he's been as motivated to perform as he has been in pre-season training. It's also worth noting that there aren't normally a huge number of big money signings in January, the assumption that Suarez could move in January to a Champion's League club for £40m+ is a big one to make, it's probably more likely that there won't be offers that Liverpool deem to be acceptable.

On a separate point, Downing has join West Ham on a 4 year deal. Another of Dalgliesh's expensive flops out the door, and I'd bet for substantially less than the £20m he was purchased for. If Kenny hadn't wasted quite so much cash on British mediocrity Liverpool would be in a far better position currently.

To be fair there was 2 people responsible, Damien Comolli & Kenny Dalglish. Dalglish for the playing style and Comolli for the players/negotiating.

Anyway, that sad saga is behind us - Henderson remains but the fans like him as he puts in a shift and plays his heart out.

This story has also made the Mail, Mirror and Guardian from what I have seen, so along with the Telegraph this might have some legs.

On BTSport last night I am pretty sure I read Liverpool are now in profit in this Summer's transfer market by selling Downing to West Ham.

If they keep Suarez - which now I think they will - if they can break the bank and get Willian in I will risk it and say Liverpool will get top 4 next season.

Liverpool were after Henrikh Mkhitaryan, but he chose Dortmund, so maybe they do have the money for Willian.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers plans £30m bid for Anzhi Makhachkala midfielder Willian

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...for-Anzhi-Makhachkala-midfielder-Willian.html

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
If Suarez leaves dipperpool, dipperpool are finished. Hope he goes.

I think he will stay now as Liverpool know if they sell to Arsenal that's their top 4 hopes finished.

If they get Willian in what a team they have going forward.

moomba said:
After all the talk about Liverpool not selling to a rival, Liverpool go back on their word with Downing

That deserved more recognition moomba!! quality!<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:05 am --<br /><br />
Scouse_Jimi said:
LFC-Jay said:
I dont know why he's been saying this to the media but its obvious he's been asked about Luis and he has said this to say he's staying at LFC, get used to it and so he can play again say sorry to the club and fans. If im honest Rodgers has handled this well. May i ask though.. did Tevez say sorry? Just because City has been in this position before.

On our signings...I hear Siquiera is likely and Costa is not a dead deal yet apparrantly.

Costa has signed a new deal at his club hasn't he?

Bilboblue said:
Costa has signed a new deal at his club hasn't he?

Nothing on Atleticos official site yet...

We've been linked with Willian by the northwest journos this evening, got more chance of finding ourselves challenging for the title than landing him I reckon

And yes...we're currently £6m up on this window, Sequira will bring that down to £0...we should have £20 to £40m to spend without any more sales...

Suarez just told a Uruguayan journalist he's staying at LFC and is gonna extend his contract. Good for them and they've briefed everyone they're going after willian. Big things poppin in the north west

cmdub said:
Suarez just told a Uruguayan journalist he's staying at LFC and is gonna extend his contract. Good for them and they've briefed everyone they're going after willian. Big things poppin in the north west

Interesting.

Like I said in an earlier post, I definitely believe Suarez will stay at Liverpool now, as a club they know if they sell to Arsenal they are writing off their top 4 hopes.

I don't buy all this talk that the players might not accept him back, really???

Suarez deserves to be at a top 2 club, if he went to the players tomorrow and said that he is saying those players will take him on with open arms, they know he is better than where Liverpool are at now and they know without him they are likely to struggle to improve on last season. 25-30 goal a season strikers are not easy to find.

This Willian transfer is interesting as well, it's all over most of the tabloids so there must be something in it, if they get him they will have a great side going forward and depending on who Arsenal get in and if Bale stays at Spurs I can see Liverpool nicking a top 4 spot.

Steven Gerrard wants him back...the rest of the players, even if they don't want him back, will have to lump it.

Be very interested to see what clauses he has in his contract.

If I were Suarez I'd be firing Pere Guardiola and finding myself a half decent agent that knows what he's doing.

Suarez position with the fans is going to be the real kicker, if he stays. I've always been of the opinion that I support the badge, not the names on the back however his attitude has been shite. I'll cheer when he scores but I won't be singing his song anymore

Well as 'Arry said, "Saddam Hussain can knock in a few goals and all the fans will be behind him"

People are all interpreting this situation as the victory of football over player power, I am not sure that is the case.
Scousers will make him their hero once again and he will be back to being apple of their eyes (Like rooney and the rags in 2010).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.