Liverpool Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bluemoon115 said:
What a successful off season for the scousers.

Made a huge loss on two players, kept a want-away striker who's missing a quarter of the season (at least) through suspension (in a saga ensuring no big names will touch the club while they're living on the outskirts of the promised land), swapped one slightly above average keeper for another, and the lesser Toure.

Is that the top four I see in sight?

No.

Toure is an upgrade on Carragher...Pace wise at least.

As for top 4...we'll put up a better fight for it this season but fall short again, just by a lot less...

BillyShears said:
moomba said:
BillyShears said:
You'd be hard pressed to argue this isn't a significant victory for Liverpool. Particularly as the noises are now Suarez himself is happy to stay.

Players can say what they like in the off season if they perform during the season.

It all depends how he performs in the season and how much they sell him for at the end of it. He wasn't going to move this window unless Liverpool were prepared to sell, any challenge wouldnt have been mediated before the end of the window.

Will be interesting to see if he is prepared to apologise, Liverpool might not be as keen as him to hand over a new contract (probably with a payrise and a clear cut release clause).

Rodgers has made the same rod for his own back that Mancini did when he said Tevez needed to apologise. I agree much hinges on how he performs. Top 4 IMO isn't out of the question for them if he does perform. I certainly think their business has been underrated and if they can capture Willian or Eriksen they'll have the tools to compete.

All down to Rodgers now and whether he can get the best out of the players at his disposal.

I suspect RM was quite prepared for the consequences of Tevez not apologising. Not sure Rodgers or FSG are as prepared.

Scouse_Jimi said:
Bluemoon115 said:
What a successful off season for the scousers.

Made a huge loss on two players, kept a want-away striker who's missing a quarter of the season (at least) through suspension (in a saga ensuring no big names will touch the club while they're living on the outskirts of the promised land), swapped one slightly above average keeper for another, and the lesser Toure.

Is that the top four I see in sight?

No.

Toure is an upgrade on Carragher...Pace wise at least.

As for top 4...we'll put up a better fight for it this season but fall short again, just by a lot less...

I go along wiht that. Addition through subtraction. I see you having a decent season but falling short of top 4. A LOT depends on where Suarez's head is if he stays.

moomba said:
BillyShears said:
moomba said:
It all depends how he performs in the season and how much they sell him for at the end of it. He wasn't going to move this window unless Liverpool were prepared to sell, any challenge wouldnt have been mediated before the end of the window.

Will be interesting to see if he is prepared to apologise, Liverpool might not be as keen as him to hand over a new contract (probably with a payrise and a clear cut release clause).

Rodgers has made the same rod for his own back that Mancini did when he said Tevez needed to apologise. I agree much hinges on how he performs. Top 4 IMO isn't out of the question for them if he does perform. I certainly think their business has been underrated and if they can capture Willian or Eriksen they'll have the tools to compete.

All down to Rodgers now and whether he can get the best out of the players at his disposal.

I suspect RM was quite prepared for the consequences of Tevez not apologising. Not sure Rodgers or FSG are as prepared.

Seems the consequences for Liverpool are a player who's slowly being brought back into line and has gone in two weeks from I have to leave to I want to stay.

Scouse_Jimi said:
The 49ers said:
Exactly, now seeing as pool fans like dealing in facts here are a few:

So cannibal racist isn't coming..not unhappy,didn't want him.

He suits your club down to the ground, can't wait to see some of your fans embarrassing themselves by chanting his name in his first game back.

The facts for are that he bit,dived,was racist and you backed him to the hilt and then first chance he got, he lifted his skirt up to the first team that smiled at him, which he thought was Real but turned out to be The Arsenal. We didn't bid enough and Real could care less so magically, buck-tooth racist has had a change of heart. I am f**king welling up here , especially when I hear you are going to reward him with a new contract(12months after the last one) for basically sh*ttng on you and then coming back to you because no one else would have him or pay enough for him......doesn't that just make you want to cry

Well you lot 'Just can't get enough' so enjoy when he gets banned again and he will.

Just thank f**k he's not coming to the Arsenal, we have enough problems without buying a dirty,cheating racist,cannibal c**t.

The back up plans that are apparently in the pipe line would have and should have been the better options, i.e Michu and Dzeko...by the way how likely do the City fans think that is, my only worry with him is he doesn't seem that pacey and we have enough of that with slow poke Giroud

That's quite amusing...I'm sure you weren't one of those jizzing their pants in anticipation of him joining and then returned to Suarez bashing. Those people have been amusing me on twitter since last night...

He might be a dirty cheating cnut, but he's our dirty cheating cnut who will score goals for fun again this season. Had he signed, I'm sure you'd feel the same way

Got him at 16/1 for top scorer this season

On Willian - the only glimmer of hope is he's very good friends with Lucas and is a Liverpool fan...tenuous but better than the pressers just saying we're interested.

LOL - that sums up the fickleness of so many football fans mate. Putting aside his indiscretions, I reckon Suarez would've been a tremendous signing for Arsenal.

BillyShears said:
moomba said:
BillyShears said:

Seems the consequences for Liverpool are a player who's slowly being brought back into line and has gone in two weeks from I have to leave to I want to stay.

Just read that he has denied saying that he wants to stay, but who knows what is true on that. Consequences if he doesnt apologise are that he doesnt play, or Rodgers goes back on his word.

But saying you want to stay when you've exhausted all avenues to leave don't mean a whole lot. He won't get mediation done before the end of the window so unless Liverpool sell hes staying whether he says he wants to leave or not.

M18CTID said:
LOL - that sums up the fickleness of so many football fans mate. Putting aside his indiscretions, I reckon Suarez would've been a tremendous signing for Arsenal.

Yup...don't think all of us are fickle though, only the unrealistic ones...Arsenal think because they sell their best players to rivals we will too? It's like starting up a business in sales and literally giving your best staff to a competitor, insane.

Pretty pleased with the way the club has handled it to be honest though I won't class it as a done deal until that window shuts and he's still coming to Melwood every day.

moomba said:
BillyShears said:
moomba said:

Just read that he has denied saying that he wants to stay, but who knows what is true on that. Consequences if he doesnt apologise are that he doesnt play, or Rodgers goes back on his word.

Rodgers going back on his word is as relevant to the wider situation as Mancini saying Tevez will never play for City again then bringing him back into the fold after his protest on the golf course IMO. The clubs best interest is having your best players available and playing. Liverpool in particular because they don't have the options we had when Tevez went AWOL. His ban plays into Liverpool's hands as his fitness isn't a concern for now just his mental state.

cmdub said:
Suarez just told a Uruguayan journalist he's staying at LFC and is gonna extend his contract.
Any source for this?

Good news for them if true, they need this to settle down quickly. Still think its dangerous for them though; he's only going to try as hard as he wants, and not necessarily when they need. Could easily go missing in some very important games if the opposition make his life difficult. And he'll looking more and more towards the world cup as the season progresses.

moomba said:
Consequences if he doesnt apologise are that he doesnt play, or Rodgers goes back on his word.
Maybe he'll just put his name in an envelope....It worked last time!

BillyShears said:
moomba said:
BillyShears said:

Except we're all very much aware that he DOESN'T want to stay, he just doesn't have any options left which allow him to leave. He tried the "I want to leave" route, then the "legally you've got to let me go" route, then the "But you promised" route, and finally the "fine, then I'm not going to try in training" route, they all failed. So now he's had to go with the "fine, I'll stay, but I still want out of here, so I'll be working behind the scenes to make that happen as soon as humanly possible" route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.