Liverpool Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
TonyM said:
LFC-Jay said:
TonyM said:
Rogers says Suarez just apologise to the players and fans.... For what? Has he said anything disrespectful to either or refused to play? As far as I understood it he is only at odds with his manager and owner for lying to him.

Am I missing something?

Basically Suarez blamed the British Press for his reason for leaving (his fault but we 'could' understand at the time).
He thought Madrid and Bayern were in for him but they weren't. So when he was told the only CL team that were after him was Arsenal (Rival for Top 4) He was wrongly advised by his agent to go to the press and make some lies up and basically disrespected the club. So now other teams Madrid, Bayern wont go in for him and Arsenal the only team. John W Henry has said that Suarez will be here come 3rd September, basically making sure that we can have a realistic chance of top 4, also he wants to get key players in now. So to get these players we need Suarez so these players can see we want to be a top team again. Now LFC fans are disgusted after supporting him over the Evra incident, Diving, Handball, Biting. This is how he thinks he repays LFC by going to a top 4 rival. I hope you understand and if your a betting man i would advise to put some money on Suarez staying this summer.

Did he really lie about being assured he could leave? I doubt it. Sounds exactly like what he'd be told to stay.

And wasn't he at pains in his interviews to say he doesn't have anything against the club but just wants to leave for CL football for a reasonable fee.

If Liverpool don't want to sell to a rival for 40m then why not sell him to a club that is not a rival for less, e.g. 30m is still a nice profit?

Seems to me that the best thing always is to agree to sell early and before announcing it to buy in replacements at decent prices. Holding out till the end seems to be very risky business.

Now I have an image in my head of Henry sliding about in his underwear. At least it not Rogers too. Oh sheeeet....
Its been confirmed by Rodgers, John W Henry and that PFA fella that its up to LFC if they want to sell. If Suarez took LFC to court by the time it would be resolved the window will be shut. So he will either be at LFC or Madrid/Bayern only if we can replace but LFC said there's no replacements so Suarez will be staying. Wenger has said now he wont pursuit futher if LFC wont sell. I think when your owner says your staying, i think he means it.
Also his agent told Suarez and AFC about clause that was never in the contract.

Wish David Brent would STFU for 5mins, he seems intent on making the situation worse.

If he wants him to apologise to the players, then it's an in house job, does he really need to be carrying the whole thing out in the papers. He is the manager FFS, surely he can rise above the petty media squabbling and show a bit more class...then again maybe not...found this to be a good read and sums up Brent/Rodgers hypocrisy

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2388984/Brendan-Rodgers-behaved-worse-Luis-Suarez-summer--Patrick-Collins.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... llins.html</a>

This made me laugh though <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X811wlXW_C8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X811wlXW_C8</a>

The 49ers said:
Wish David Brent would STFU for 5mins, he seems intent on making the situation worse.

If he wants him to apologise to the players, then it's an in house job, does he really need to be carrying the whole thing out in the papers. He is the manager FFS, surely he can rise above the petty media squabbling and show a bit more class...then again maybe not...found this to be a good read and sums up Brent/Rodgers hypocrisy

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2388984/Brendan-Rodgers-behaved-worse-Luis-Suarez-summer--Patrick-Collins.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... llins.html</a>

This made me laugh though <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X811wlXW_C8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X811wlXW_C8</a>
I dont know why he's been saying this to the media but its obvious he's been asked about Luis and he has said this to say he's staying at LFC, get used to it and so he can play again say sorry to the club and fans. If im honest Rodgers has handled this well. May i ask though.. did Tevez say sorry? Just because City has been in this position before.

The 49ers said:

Actually while I agree that Rodgers does talk a lot and should be quiet a little more, on this one it's a good move. There is also the issue of saving face, if it's about clamping down on player power, then Suarez's eventual return would have to be on LFCs terms.

IF Rodgers is serious of not letting Suarez play without an apology of course.<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:46 pm --<br /><br />
DaveStevens said:
This could damage Liverpool in the long-term, In their current situation; They are relying on being used as a stepping stone and I don't mean that disrespectfully but young players may be worried that the club might not allow them to leave easily.

I'm surprised at how many fans want Liverpool to just capitulate and give away Suarez to Arsenal. I don't get it.

Even the RedMancs, which is very hypocritical as they are not exactly cheering for Rooney to be given to Chelsea.

The other thing that's weird, is that we're getting laughed at for having defended Suarez over the past 18 months since Suarez is "scum" and "not to be trusted" and yet the same people are taking Suarez at his word. Why would you beleive Mr. I-Want-To-Leave-England-Because-Of-The-Press-That-Attacks-Me-for-no-reason-whatsoever ? NOW Suarez is a trustworthy and honorable character for neutrals?

I find it funny how many Liverpool supporters are only now admitting they openly supported a racist. Before it was all the FA's/Evra's/the media's/Ferguson's fault and Suarez had done nothing wrong.

moomba said:
I find it funny how many Liverpool supporters are only now admitting they openly supported a racist. Before it was all the FA's/Evra's/the media's/Ferguson's fault and Suarez had done nothing wrong.
They are the catholic church of football.

moomba said:
Not saying he is racist because he is not. I played football with lads that where mix races and they are all reds apart from one but they were all divided in whether Suarez was racist and is he a racist. What he said is supposedly a friendly term in Uruguay. Now if im honest i thought Evra lied, but i admit i was wrong but the media did make the matter 10x worse and Ferguson didn't really say anything so fans who blamed him are just idiots.

LFC-Jay said:
moomba said:
Not saying he is racist because he is not. I played football with lads that where mix races and they are all reds apart from one but they were all divided in whether Suarez was racist and is he a racist. What he said is supposedly a friendly term in Uruguay. Now if im honest i thought Evra lied, but i admit i was wrong but the media did make the matter 10x worse and Ferguson didn't really say anything so fans who blamed him are just idiots.

The problem isnt whether he used an openly racist term or what is considered to be a friendly term in uruguay. The problem is that he has been in european football plenty long enough to know how that would look and you cant claim ignorance as an excuse especially when their are black players on your own team. The thing with any opinion related case is more often than not , that the actual act committed is irrelevant, its always how it looks and what you can prove. Its like if you had an argument with someone and it was openly known that you didnt like them and you were seen going into their house, seen coming out and then that guy turns up injured in his house, now you may have had nothing to do with it and the guy could have had an accident in his house but you have to ask yourself how does it look and its the same with suarez.

For what it is worth, and I accept that my opinion is worthless but I am cheeky enough to give it anyway, :-) both Suarez and Rogers are like two little boys in the playground!! 'You won't play with me so I'm taking my ball home' (Suarez) 'Well then you can play all on your own' (Rogers) It strikes me as a my Dad's bigger than your Dad stand off!!

Grow up and sit down together and sort it out.

As I said just my humble opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.