Liverpool Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Balti said:
I'll be pleased to note his absence ta

Looking forward to this one

think liverpool could slip down table this month. their away form is awful and defence is a joke, both chelsea and city could destory them.

Credit where credit is due.

They look a very decent side from where I am sitting. I have spent all my time on this thread and the ones on the Mickeys that preceded it relishing every moment of their downfall. These are the bastards that ruined my teenage years in the 70's and if you think the media, the FA and Referee bias now goes towards United it is nothing compared to what this lot got away with then.

I have also been waging a one man campaign against Gerrard. More overrated than the Ginger Bastard Scholes and Cantona put together. A player that has regularly let his Country down in the games that matter unlike his nemesis Fat Frank who always did the opposite.

Despite the odds being massively stacked against them; The furore over Gillett and Hicks, King Kenny spunking money faster than a wife in a January sale; they have managed to ride the storm.

They have somehow against all the odds kept Suarez on Merseyside and Brenda has got them playing a very attractive style of Football.

I once posted with great confidence and directed it specifically at Scouse Jimi ( a Bluemoon poster that really knows his Football) that Liverpool's Champions League days are over not just for now but in his lifetime.

Now I am not so sure.

ifiwasarichfan said:
Credit where credit is due.

They look a very decent side from where I am sitting. I have spent all my time on this thread and the ones on the Mickeys that preceded it relishing every moment of their downfall. These are the bastards that ruined my teenage years in the 70's and if you think the media, the FA and Referee bias now goes towards United it is nothing compared to what this lot got away with then.

I have also been waging a one man campaign against Gerrard. More overrated than the Ginger Bastard Scholes and Cantona put together. A player that has regularly let his Country down in the games that matter unlike his nemesis Fat Frank who always did the opposite.

Despite the odds being massively stacked against them; The furore over Gillett and Hicks, King Kenny spunking money faster than a wife in a January sale; they have managed to ride the storm.

They have somehow against all the odds kept Suarez on Merseyside and Brenda has got them playing a very attractive style of Football.

I once posted with great confidence and directed it specifically at Scouse Jimi ( a Bluemoon poster that really knows his Football) that Liverpool's Champions League days are over not just for now but in his lifetime.

Now I am not so sure.

they done well this season and can get top four though. well done to them.

gooner2 said:
Balti said:

think liverpool could slip down table this month. their away form is awful and defence is a joke, both chelsea and city could destory them.

We'll slip back to challenging for fourth as you will.

superseiyan said:
gooner2 said:
Balti said:

We'll slip back to challenging for fourth as you will.

That might happen. we wait and see what happens.

Re: Gerrard hamstring strain

gooner2 said:
Marvin said:
Worth keeping an eye on in the next 48 hours

We play them on Boxing Day so that gives him 18 days recovery time. All but the mildest of strains will rule him out

Don,t think it matter if he was fit as in big matches he had little impact. You will be to strong for them at your place. Your midfield will overwelm them at your place. Rodgers is tactically clueless in the big games.
Interesting you say this. In his first season here, 2012/13, we drew both games against City, Chelsea and Everton, beat Tottenham, got a point off Arsenal at the Emirates and this season we beat Man United. The only games against the top sides that we've lost under him are against Arsenal, twice (narrowly) against Utd and undeservedly at White Hart Lane last season.

Very strange comment from you. I think even most City fans will admit to us being the better team in both our 2-2 draws with them last season. Seeing your recent post, you seem bitter about us (and other teams, too) for some reason. I rate Arsenal's team this year, it's definitely top three material but the way you just waltz in to every thread with this holier than thou attitude fucking grates. Think you know more than us actual fans do about our clubs. Silly get.

With regards to Gerrard, he's played well mostly this season but against sides that pressed us like Everton and Southampton he struggled in open play. Still provides us with a wicked set-piece delivery which has got us a few goals this season, and they will be missed in the big games but it's a chance for Allen to step up (he played well yesterday) and we should at least be a tad more solid defensively with him and Lucas holding in our next three away games, but not as good going forward. Coutinho and Suarez will be the two we rely in going forward in those games without Sturridge and Gerrard. Not ideal, but we'll have to make do.

Really looking forward to all three upcoming aways. Love Christmas football, and even moreso when the games are so important.

No doubt about it they are a decent team.
Suarez goes though and i feel it breaks down a bit as they do not have a solid plan b that i can see yet, well one that is good for a top 4 challenge.

If you got cl at their expense i admit i would enjoy that :D

TCIB said:
No doubt about it they are a decent team.
Suarez goes though and i feel it breaks down a bit as they do not have a solid plan b that i can see yet, well one that is good for a top 4 challenge.

If you got cl at their expense i admit i would enjoy that :D

I think they play great football to be fair and suarez has been out of this world. right in the fight for the top four.

I think I hate Liverpool fans more than I hate rags. I find them the most cringeworthy and annoying people in the world. Really starting to worry they are going to get top four this year.

So looks like Gerrard is going to be missing for them for a period of time along with Sturridge.
Hopefully they will both be out against us and Suarez gets a knock in the meantime prior to Boxing day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.