Liverpool thread 2017/18

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by nmc, 22 Jun 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPBB

JPBB

I think the thing that is most annoying is Liverpool Football club's refusal to accept that there is a new world order. That Liverpool can not longer buy the title with their littlewoods pools money.

it is no longer 1985.

I'd say the delusional Liverpool fans still behave like it is.

2. roj

roj

Or hot wax poured in your eyes

3. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

Surely it does?! The champions of the EL get in so surely the champions of the CL get in

4. kemlyn17

kemlyn17

Ok to be serious, it isnt a case of failing to recognise other teams. Only a fool would deny City are the best team possibly in Europe, for example. But as a fanbase, we have only one role, to support, believe and drive the club on, not let them rest on their laurels or to accept second best. Keep striving.
    Also, the money arguement gets banded about and it helps, but Guardiola tactically, has made you as much as the money. He is outstanding. The same as great managers through time do extraordinary things.

5. super_city_si

super_city_si

I think this has been covered 457 times in the last 10 pages. CL winner and EL winner would be in CL next year. 4th place would miss out if CL winner is not in top 4. 5 teams maximum from any league

6. Vienna_70

Vienna_70

Like Shankley did you?

With all that Littlewood’s money?

7. kemlyn17

kemlyn17

Even you know the littlewoods pools money is a myth, used in the last few years, to justify other teams spending. Liverpool never spent loads more than anyone else. Forest and City were buying million pound players way before Liverpool.

8. inchy14

inchy14

stunned, dazed and still can't quite believe it!!

Haha. You bought everyone else’s best players, same as the rags did in the 90’s. We may have spent £1m before you but don’t kid yourself that you didn’t spend.

9. Blue Mist

Blue Mist

Just a quick note. This season Manchester City have lost only one game that was of any importance.

Wigan.

10. LFC-Fans

LFC-Fans

Ah. A what do we hate most about Liverpool covo.

If I have to chime in I’d say the one thing that annoys me about us is our unwavering confidence, even after winning bugger all for a long time. Don’t get me wrong, confidence is nice and all, but I always find that bizarre. I’m the complete opposite, guess you could say I’m a pessimist.

But I find it odd how all Liverpool fans aren’t all pessimists I guess. After all that’s happened you’d expect the whole fan base to be pessimistic. Yet some of us are talking about CL finals and next years title charge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.