Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's such a shame really. I remember my dad taking me to Maine Road Boxing Day 1986, seeing us beat the mighty Liverpool 1-0 with a Clive Wilson header?

I couldn't believe it, this was a team which used to rock up and play football I had not seen demonstrated anywhere else, certainly to a ten-year-old boy, outside of Zico's Brazil of '82.

Dalglish, Hansen, just effortless.

Up until Pep's City, nobody had came close to making the game so enjoyable to watch.

They weren't United, so my enemy's enemy and all that.

However, it's not City fans who have changed since then, it's Liverpool's in my opinion.

There is a desperation from a generation who have never seen a great Liverpool team for nigh on three decades now. They've been brought up on those tales, so there is a sense of entitlement which comes from being a Liverpool supporter.

There are no more straws to be grasped, all the romanticism and self-awareness kept them warm at night when those bastards at United were winning everything in sight.

I was cheering them on from the TV when they came back from the dead against Milan. I pissed my sides when Fowler held up five fingers in our derby win.

Perhaps if some Liverpool fans stopped looking for cans to throw at our team bus and reminding everybody else how superior they are, there wouldn't be the dislike I have for them now.

Liverpool fans remind me very much of Jeremy Corbyns Momentum drones.

Looks like there owners are pushing for another pay day and getting the bbc to start the rumours Salah for 175m!! REALLY?! What club can afford that much? Think the owner be happy with 130m.

One season wonder.

Simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.