Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
True but I want everything, I want Spurs to finish second the rags to finish third and the scousers just to scrape CL, I never quite understood why rag fans hated the bin dippers but now it's evident in spades.
But you're right a draw wouldn't be a disaster.
I have to say that I wouldn’t mind united finishing second to us now. It’d be a kick in the teeeh to both Liverpool and Spurs. And it wouldn’t make much of a difference to the decisions united need to make anyway at this stage as 4th seems more than likely.

It’s February the race hasn’t even started yet, if a team falls away it could end up a damp squib & be over by April. Like a 10000m running race it’s several laps of the track until the 400m race at the end.

Can’t see it being decided after 93 mins of final game.
Come on February is deep into the boom bust cycle, in fact they've had the money shot and are now going limp.

This has actually appeared on RAWK today: "Guardiola is slowly morphing into Mourinho. He's becoming unbearable. An absolute c*nt who should not be in the conversation when it comes to the best managers in the game. He's achieved nothing. Managed arguably the best squad football has ever seen at Barcelona, won domestically at Bayern with little to no competition, and has a bottomless pit of cash at Man City. "
The thing people don’t get is that Barca finished 3rd the season before Pep took over and Pep made household names out of relative nobodies by improving them and winning as a team whilst shipping out the ‘supertars’ already there.

How they think Pep is morphing into Jose fuck only knows. He couldn’t be more the opposite.

I fucking detest scousers.

That people believe that Barcelona were at the top of their game is an urban myth, perpetuated by those who refuse to believe that Pep made a difference. His bosses took a leap of faith because they had seen what he had achieved with the academy setup, and the rest is history. He took huge decisions with major world stars, which shows some cahonas for a young manager. Their achievements under Pep are unparalleled.

We are so fortunate to have him and I only hope that he sets the platform in place for the future. Personally, I couldn't really care if we continue to win trophy after trophy when he has gone but to be humble, play with style, and have a regular, top-drawer local lad coming into the first team from the academy would be a great legacy.

That people believe that Barcelona were at the top of their game is an urban myth, perpetuated by those who refuse to believe that Pep made a difference. His bosses took a leap of faith because they had seen what he had achieved with the academy setup, and the rest is history. He took huge decisions with major world stars, which shows some cahonas for a young manager. Their achievements under Pep are unparalleled.

We are so fortunate to have him and I only hope that he sets the platform in place for the future. Personally, I couldn't really care if we continue to win trophy after trophy when he has gone but to be humble, play with style, and have a regular, top-drawer local lad coming into the first team from the academy would be a great legacy.

Think they finished 4th the season before he took over. That would be like taking over Chelsea or United this summer and winning the quadruple next season.

As you say, he dismantled an aging team full of egos and built a monster.

West Ham tried exactly the same as Barca with Glenn Roeder with players like Lampard, Cole, Carrick & Ferdinand we know how that ended.

The thing people don’t get is that Barca finished 3rd the season before Pep took over and Pep made household names out of relative nobodies by improving them and winning as a team whilst shipping out the ‘supertars’ already there.

How they think Pep is morphing into Jose fuck only knows. He couldn’t be more the opposite.

I fucking detest scousers.

Any time some says that Pep took over the best team in the world, you automatically know that they didn't watch Spanish football back then. Guardiola took over a team that finished 10 points behind Villareal and nearly 20 points behind the eventual champions Real Madrid.

He came in and immediately sold their best player - Ronaldinho - and their best midfielder - Deco, while building the team around a baby Messi, Xavi (who was having trouble keeping a starting spot at the time) and Iniesta. He brought up Busquets from Barcelona B to play as his pivot and bought baby Pique from United.

If Barcelona were the best team in the world, it was because Guardiola MADE them into the best team in the world. And all credit goes to him for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.