Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) My post was clearly tongue-in-cheek you humourless fucker.
2) I said "to sum up". Would be a bit of a shit summing up if it just repeated what you'd said word for word.
3) If I had a pound for every Liverpool fan that "lost interest" in football in the 90s and 50p for every United fan who'd "lost interest" in football since the GPC retired then I'd be typing this from the Seychelles instead of Broadheath.
Surely your 1/ is wrong. Thought they were supposed to be ‘chirpy, chappie comedians?

You signed something like 20 players one summer in that period didn't you?
Shankly arrived end of 59 and got rid of 24 players by various means but they had a big squad 40. Signing 20 in one summer, seems a lot to me. But as you are asking me, 20 seems a precise number and we all have the internet so I will assume you already know the answer.

1) My post was clearly tongue-in-cheek you humourless fucker.
2) I said "to sum up". Would be a bit of a shit summing up if it just repeated what you'd said word for word.
3) If I had a pound for every Liverpool fan that "lost interest" in football in the 90s and 50p for every United fan who'd "lost interest" in football since the GPC retired then I'd be typing this from the Seychelles instead of Broadheath.
It wasn't you were basically saying I stopped going when we stopped winning which I did not. I just stopped, it happens, get over it. I did. My last match was 86 F A Cup Final v Everton. Been the odd game if a friend cannot go and no-one else wants his ticket, but I just watch the TV.

It wasn't you were basically saying I stopped going when we stopped winning which I did not. I just stopped, it happens, get over it. I did. My last match was 86 F A Cup Final v Everton. Been the odd game if a friend cannot go and no-one else wants his ticket, but I just watch the TV.

Do you miss those great nights under the lights, the stirring renditions of YNWA and the camaraderie of the coach greetings?

We went about 7 years without a trophy mid 60's to early 70's. But it was different we would all sign maybe a player or two at the end of the season, you could pay to get in at the gate, it was different. Nowadays it is more of a business model, hard to explain if say you are thirties or younger but that's how I see things.
Course you could, half the ground was empty. Like with those glorious European nights under the floodlights in the 80’s when 13,000 were in attendance.

Hasn’t been to watch his own club for 33 years.

Spends every waking hour on a different club’s fan’s forum.

Massive.

Shankly arrived end of 59 and got rid of 24 players by various means but they had a big squad 40. Signing 20 in one summer, seems a lot to me. But as you are asking me, 20 seems a precise number and we all have the internet so I will assume you already know the answer.

To be honest it was something i'd read on here and i haven't checked it is exact i'd no doubt to disbelieve it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.