Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’re using slavery as a joke against us yet their city was dragged kicking and screaming when the country was ending slavery.

Contrast that with Manchester who were the first city to denounce slavery, so much so that Abraham Lincoln wrote to Manchester in support... and why we have a statue of him.

I know they’re joking but it’s funny they don’t understand their own history, not that many will be Scousers on there.
41DIqsStFvL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/zg4f7hv

If Liverpool do win the league it is a shame for them that the world will see it as a fluke. And the latest news is that the goalkeepers of Fulham, Tottenham, Crystal Palace and Everton who gifted them all those points will also get a medal.

They’re using slavery as a joke against us yet their city was dragged kicking and screaming when the country was ending slavery.

Contrast that with Manchester who were the first city to denounce slavery, so much so that Abraham Lincoln wrote to Manchester in support... and why we have a statue of him.

I know they’re joking but it’s funny they don’t understand their own history, not that many will be Scousers on there.
Just as a matter of interest, it is often cited that the building of the Manchester ship canal was underlying cause of the bitterness between the cities, but could it have been the abolition of slavery? Genuine question.

Just as a matter of interest, it is often cited that the building of the Manchester ship canal was underlying cause of the bitterness between the cities, but could it have been the abolition of slavery? Genuine question.

The ship canal certainly played a part. It was built as Manchester businesses were fed up of the high charges of using the Liverpool docks and railways. This obviously pissed the scousers off as they lost money as a result.

I don't want to be siding with the Liverpool fan here but having read that article, it doesn't give the attendance. The attendance given here says 43,091. I'm not sure what their capacity was back then but it doesn't look like a bad turn out in the videos of the game either to be fair.

If we are going to stick it to them, we have to make sure it's correct or we end up giving them a 1 up.
Capacity was 46.2k I believe.

The only domestic cup game at Anfield this season against a top 6 premier league team
Also one of only 2 domestic cup games they've had to shell out for (1 home game) as opposed to the 13 City fans are having to shell out for (4 home, 5 away, 4 at Wembley including the CS).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.