Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if Hodgson & Zaha et al won tonight and brought these silly self-indulged scouse pricks crashing back to earth with a bang - it would be sweet poetry

They keep banging on about it is us trying to create a rivalry - fucking behave. I haven't heard one of us Blues mentioning a rivalry with these muppets.

I never got it as a kid growing up why my united supporting family would consistently slag them off - well now I fully understand

Their club tries along with its fans to be some sort of shining beacon pretending it has good intentions - it isnt, not even close to it - they are scum, nothing more

Interesting conversation with some Huddersfield fans in The Waldorf after our game yesterday. Bill Shankly managed them in the 1950's and wanted money to buy 2 players but the board refused to back him and in the end he left Huddersfield for Liverpool, citing a lack of ambition as the reason for him quitting. The 2 players he wanted to buy at Huddersfield were Ian St John and Ron Yeats, who both of course ended up joining Shankly at Liverpool. You have to wonder just how different things would've been - for both clubs - going forward if the Huddersfield board had backed Shankly and he'd stayed on as manager.

Liverpool have got better. Have they got better than you lot? Have they fuck. They’re deluding themselves. They do seem to have a hoodoo over you at times, and you really need to hand them their arses. I’m not a betting man but I would stick a few quid on that happening this year.

You’re on a different level. You lucky bunch of fuckers. Totally outclassed the gunners without getting out of second gear. Destroyed the udders, pissed all over Chelsea.

Losing the bold and brilliant Kevin is a blow, but you will ragdoll the league. I’m seldom if ever wrong. :)

Tonight's a big one for them.

Palace away is always difficult, against a big, physical side, and they've got some bad memories there. Hoping that Hodgson has his tactics right and Benteke can finally take some of the golden opportunities he always manages to fuck up.

I've also got Zaha and Van Aanholt in my fantasy team and could do with the points.

Interesting conversation with some Huddersfield fans in The Waldorf after our game yesterday. Bill Shankly managed them in the 1950's and wanted money to buy 2 players but the board refused to back him and in the end he left Huddersfield for Liverpool, citing a lack of ambition as the reason for him quitting. The 2 players he wanted to buy at Huddersfield were Ian St John and Ron Yeats, who both of course ended up joining Shankly at Liverpool. You have to wonder just how different things would've been - for both clubs - going forward if the Huddersfield board had backed Shankly and he'd stayed on as manager.

Yep, he went to the bin dippers and nearly walked out on them, as the board wouldn't back him initially over those deals... That led to the Moore's family getting involved and bankrolling the club for 30 years, which turned them from a second division club into what they became. They outspent most of the league for decades.... all under the foundation of a Sugar daddy! Not that you'll ever get a scouser to admit to that.

Same as John Henry Davies and James Gibson for the Rags....

Liverpool is a good team but we clearly are better at every position. I truly hope we beat the piss out of them this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.