Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't have to last time they won it - they had the celebratory t-shirts printed and everything - I saw them !!
BmE-oX2IEAETD4c.jpg

PA-19789471.jpg

They still haven't played anyone. They got a half ready Arsenal and that's it. Chelsea battered them and it took a wondergoal out of nowhere to scrape a draw.

They are in an advantageous position in that being knocked out of the cup will give them a break we don't get.

They've built a great squad this year. Shaquiri was a bloody brilliant piece of business and tbh for the price he's not too far off Mahrez. Yet another case of Sparky making a world class player look bang average. An absolute steal for them.

They have good depth this year.

What will be their undoing is their fans. Their fans build them to a level of hype that will infect the team and then they'll fall to Bournemouth or Fulham etc. Happens every time with them. They invite on complacency every single year. "It's only Stoke" disease.

I think we seriously let them off the hook and had Mahrez scored that penalty, they'd be sat in their place and would have dropped more points by now.

But if they can win through over Christmas, I'll be worried.

I think they'll drop points though.
Shaquiri is not too far off Mahrez? lol

They still haven't played anyone. They got a half ready Arsenal and that's it. Chelsea battered them and it took a wondergoal out of nowhere to scrape a draw.

They are in an advantageous position in that being knocked out of the cup will give them a break we don't get.

They've built a great squad this year. Shaquiri was a bloody brilliant piece of business and tbh for the price he's not too far off Mahrez. Yet another case of Sparky making a world class player look bang average. An absolute steal for them.

They have good depth this year.

What will be their undoing is their fans. Their fans build them to a level of hype that will infect the team and then they'll fall to Bournemouth or Fulham etc. Happens every time with them. They invite on complacency every single year. "It's only Stoke" disease.

I think we seriously let them off the hook and had Mahrez scored that penalty, they'd be sat in their place and would have dropped more points by now.

But if they can win through over Christmas, I'll be worried.

I think they'll drop points though.

It’s more the media than the fans! I don’t know where these opinions come from. Every fan I speak to knows Manchester City have the best team and the best strength in squad depth by some considerable difference. They know our best hope is probably you lot running deep into all competitions chasing the quadruple. We’re hopeful and have a chance, but we know we’re not the favourites.

All clubs have deluded fans, ALL clubs. The majority know we haven’t really played well this season. We’ve learnt to win ugly which is something we’ve struggled with for years but we got owned by Napoli in a way I’ve never seen a team own us under Klopp. 90 minutes completely dominated. We know ever since Zeljko Buvac left something hasn’t been quite right. It was always said he was the brains behind the operation!

We haven’t been able to defend for years, and every time Lovren makes the team sheet I still shit myself! We finally have a goalkeeper who will save us points rather than cost us points and a real defender in Van Dijk. In terms of squad ability we’re definitely improving year on year.

We joke, we hope and who knows. But if you match your points tally from last season we’ve got no hope. Would be typical of us to finish with a record points tally for 2nd spot. Maybe we can stick that record in the trophy cabinet!!

Last edited:
Except they have - City (lucky result for them), Spurs (won easily), Chelsea (lucky) and Arsenal (fair result).

I agree the Cult put them under pressure. All this deluded positivity from the media will, in the end, take it toll and they will move into the bust phase of their cycle.On the positive side next year will be their year.

This is flat out wrong. They won because the ref was either blind or bought missing a stone dead Spurs pen in stoppage time.

I quite fancy Everton to take points off them.

Everton's defence has come together recently, they're under the radar a bit but have crept up to 6th place now. It's a derby, and Liverpool will be 100% focusing on tonight's game. They're also missing Henderson who I don't rate, but does seem to do well in derbies.

By the time they're back in Liverpool they'll have Friday to prepare and that's it.

Bonus points if PSG win tonight and they're reeling from the prospect of getting knocked out of the CL.

I quite fancy Everton to take points off them.

Everton's defence has come together recently, they're under the radar a bit but have crept up to 6th place now. It's a derby, and Liverpool will be 100% focusing on tonight's game. They're also missing Henderson who I don't rate, but does seem to do well in derbies.

By the time they're back in Liverpool they'll have Friday to prepare and that's it.

Bonus points if PSG win tonight and they're reeling from the prospect of getting knocked out of the CL.

Fingers crossed that they get twatted tonight and then totally worked over by Everton at weekend.

Sick of the media /BBC hype about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.