Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus! WTF am I reading here??? A father dressing up for his daughter's birthday. That's what it is and everyone's ok with it...... bar you. There must be some amount of hate in you to try to put an ugly spin on this or even liken it to current affairs.
I thought he was making a point about the opportunistic nature of your own club's fans. The way they try and spin anything they can that's City related into a hate campaign, some of said fans happen to be journalists unfortunately.

Last edited:
zero conscience , zero responsibility , zero humility , zero intelligence , zero respect , zero...........need i go on , perfect description of anything affiliated to Candlelighter F.C.
I support Liverpool and that hardly represents me. I've never attacked your club verbally or otherwise, as much as you'd like to think I have. I applaud the good and am disgusted by the bad, like any decent person.
I do enjoy reading well reasoned comments on this site though. Some great posters with good insights.
I think Sunday it'll be a draw in Old Trafford. Our record there is terrible really. Like a curse of sorts. I'd like it to City's record at Anfield. Bizarrely poor since your team has been much better than ours for some time. Even before Klopp came in. So I'm going with a 1-1 draw. That with city mauling Palace bringing the points difference down to 6 and putting the league back in your hands I'm thinking this place will be more willing to chat about footy. :-)

Reactions: nmc
I support Liverpool and that hardly represents me. I've never attacked your club verbally or otherwise, as much as you'd like to think I have. I applaud the good and am disgusted by the bad, like any decent person.
I do enjoy reading well reasoned comments on this site though. Some great posters with good insights.
I think Sunday it'll be a draw in Old Trafford. Our record there is terrible really. Like a curse of sorts. I'd like it to City's record at Anfield. Bizarrely poor since your team has been much better than ours for some time. Even before Klopp came in. So I'm going with a 1-1 draw. That with city mauling Palace bringing the points difference down to 6 and putting the league back in your hands I'm thinking this place will be more willing to chat about footy. :-)

Keep your posts in a fair minded manner and you possibly won't get undeserved abuse.

Too many of your fans on here start off well but quickly become arseholes.

Let's see how your future posts develope which will probably be dependant upon how respective results go I would guess.

Fair play to Klopp, at least he’s not being a dick about the fixture congestion in the way I imagine Ferguson or Mourinho would be.

Many of us of a certain age have witnessed Liverpool's rise from 2nd Division obscurity in the early 60s on the back of Littlewoods money to becoming the football powerhouse of the latter part of the 20th century. And we've admired the quality of their football and the successes they've had along the way, even supported them on reaching European finals and the like.

At the same time we've seen the dreadful behaviours of sections of their supporters, from match-day supporters' aggression to their current inability to see themselves as others see them, especially those internet keyboard warriors who support the club. In City's case, our dealings with Liverpool's support have been dreadful this past decade, from the cheering of Yaya Toure's injury at Anfield, to similar with Ederson's injury at our gaff to the bus-wrecking incident, to the jeering of 'Blue Moon' and the booing of the national anthem at Wembley recently and so on.

All the while, our supine media has responded to this behaviour by, well, not responding except to barely report the facts of any situation, with no critique of what these Liverpool supporters have been getting up to.

But it was ever thus. As Liverpool grew and gained success (often with some sublime football), so that support became more and more notorious, outdoing all of the knobheads who attach themselves to football clubs, including ours, around the country. For your interest, herewith Brian Glanville's take on the matters of behaviours evidenced by Liverpool supporters and the media. This reflects the article you quote by Tony Evans (no relation!) and is taken from his book 'Champions of Europe; The History, Romance and Intrigue of the European Cup' (1991), some six and two years respectively after Heysel and Hillsborough:

'As a club, Liverpool, alas, were not remotely matched by their notorious supporters. Among these there was beyond doubt a core of decent, largely middle-aged, peaceful, pleasant fans, who would share the mature, sensible attitudes of the club itself. There were also, as fans from other clubs all over the country knew all too well, thousands of brutalised, violent toughs, whose excesses had been known for many years.

When the detested Manchester United went to Anfield shortly before Heysel the city had seemed awash with hatred. Coaches and trains of United’s supporters were stoned. Mechanics would run out of garages to scream abuse at the coaches as they went by. When United, just a few weeks later, came once more to Merseyside to play Liverpool, this time in the FA Cup semi-final at Goodison Park, Liverpool’s supporters were firing flares into the Manchester fans’ sections. Quite where Liverpool’s following had gained its spurious reputation for good conduct with a blinkered press was obscure. But then, journalists see little or nothing from the Press Box, nothing of what goes on, often sinister and violent, in the surrounding streets and alleys, at railway stations. Unless they are privy to good, first-hand information, journalists accept the public, distorted image; in this case, a misleadingly benign one. Nor would it be enough to say that violence among Liverpool fans could be explained by unemployment, the crumbling and deliquescence of a doomed city. The behaviour of Everton’s fans, in Rotterdam for the Cup Winners’ Cup Final two weeks before, had been exemplary.'

Thanks for posting the link, interesting reading from one of their own who was there.

Or shortened to......an insufferable pack of cuunts!

Fair play to Klopp, at least he’s not being a dick about the fixture congestion in the way I imagine Ferguson or Mourinho would be.

At the end of the day - clubs have sold their souls to the TV companies for multi millions so they really have limited capacity to moan because they are happy to take the huge money on offer and fixture changes are an inevitable part of increased TV coverage. The bigger issue in England is the obsession with wall to wall football over Christmas and New Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.