Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure our run is sustainable. As many of you will agree we arguably luckily finished that far ahead (goal difference for example), and you will buy to strengthen. The other thing is again I don’t think you’ll disagree is we have no depth. So already two reasons why you should clearly blow us away next season as usually you would’ve this season.

chelsea are signing a new XI and Arsenal just signed a player that will make more than every single player on our team, and he isn’t even a major star.

meanwhile we don’t have the money to pay 20m for Jamal Lewis or 50m for Werner...we will often be outbid for signings at the top of the market.

probably 3-4th is realistic for next season then?

We were told you can’t be considered a great team without winning back to back titles.

Anyone said the same about your lot?

We were told you can’t be considered a great team without winning back to back titles.

Anyone said the same about your lot?

Don't know. 97 points the previous was not good enough, and counts for nothing, I "get" that. It's a moot point as you are probably favorites next season with the team you'll have.

Semi-related: I personally believe more than one good team can exist, like A being good doesn't mean B is sh*t.

Not sure our run is sustainable. As many of you will agree we arguably luckily finished that far ahead (goal difference for example), and you will buy to strengthen. The other thing is again I don’t think you’ll disagree is we have no depth. So already two reasons why you should clearly blow us away next season as usually you would’ve this season.

chelsea are signing a new XI and Arsenal just signed a player that will make more than every single player on our team, and he isn’t even a major star.

meanwhile we don’t have the money to pay 20m for Jamal Lewis or 50m for Werner...we will often be outbid for signings at the top of the market.rel
probably 3-4th is realistic for next season then?
I think you do have the money. It's just that your owners are reluctant to spend it.

I think you do have the money. It's just that your owners are reluctant to spend it.

You figure? Strange situation. Even VVD and Alisson was really Coutinho money. Supposedly would've gone in for Werner if not for the pandemic.

Also strange given the valuation of the club, and that the other American owners in your city have seemed open to spending on the latest shiniest object--I'm seeing eye-watering figures for Chillwell being floated--granted that's not necessarily a model to follow.

The philosophy seems to be rewarding stars with long term high paying contracts, so that if/when they leave, it's only for Coutinho type money. Interesting approach, I was being a little cheeky with the "let's see if the run lasts", but now that I do think it out, yes, it'll be interesting to see if the run lasts.

Sh!t talk aside, what's your situation? No really, ELI5, is it true you have unlimited money basically and can buy anyone and pay them anything, or is that media misreporting? Genuinely seeking to understand on that one.

You figure? Strange situation. Even VVD and Alisson was really Coutinho money. Supposedly would've gone in for Werner if not for the pandemic.

Also strange given the valuation of the club, and that the other American owners in your city have seemed open to spending on the latest shiniest object--I'm seeing eye-watering figures for Chillwell being floated--granted that's not necessarily a model to follow.

The philosophy seems to be rewarding stars with long term high paying contracts, so that if/when they leave, it's only for Coutinho type money. Interesting approach, I was being a little cheeky with the "let's see if the run lasts", but now that I do think it out, yes, it'll be interesting to see if the run lasts.

Sh!t talk aside, what's your situation? No really, ELI5, is it true you have unlimited money basically and can buy anyone and pay them anything, or is that media misreporting? Genuinely seeking to understand on that one.
That’s media misreporting.

Just like every other team within UEFA, Manchester City have to adhere to FFP regulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.