Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
You figure? Strange situation. Even VVD and Alisson was really Coutinho money. Supposedly would've gone in for Werner if not for the pandemic.

Also strange given the valuation of the club, and that the other American owners in your city have seemed open to spending on the latest shiniest object--I'm seeing eye-watering figures for Chillwell being floated--granted that's not necessarily a model to follow.

The philosophy seems to be rewarding stars with long term high paying contracts, so that if/when they leave, it's only for Coutinho type money. Interesting approach, I was being a little cheeky with the "let's see if the run lasts", but now that I do think it out, yes, it'll be interesting to see if the run lasts.

Sh!t talk aside, what's your situation? No really, ELI5, is it true you have unlimited money basically and can buy anyone and pay them anything, or is that media misreporting? Genuinely seeking to understand on that one.
Every thing the media says about city is true. Harris and Delaney especially are excellent

Have they taken their flags down from their windows and doors yet. Will they move on?
We've had the FA cup, we're into the Champions League knockout tournament now. They are so much last season except to themselves. Cunts.
Its i'story. You must celebrate your history

Unless it is offensive then it is airbrushed out

You figure? Strange situation. Even VVD and Alisson was really Coutinho money. Supposedly would've gone in for Werner if not for the pandemic.

Also strange given the valuation of the club, and that the other American owners in your city have seemed open to spending on the latest shiniest object--I'm seeing eye-watering figures for Chillwell being floated--granted that's not necessarily a model to follow.

The philosophy seems to be rewarding stars with long term high paying contracts, so that if/when they leave, it's only for Coutinho type money. Interesting approach, I was being a little cheeky with the "let's see if the run lasts", but now that I do think it out, yes, it'll be interesting to see if the run lasts.

Sh!t talk aside, what's your situation? No really, ELI5, is it true you have unlimited money basically and can buy anyone and pay them anything, or is that media misreporting? Genuinely seeking to understand on that one.

Joking aside and this is genuinely true, it turns out City have been incredibly efficient off the pitch in securing revenue with sponsorships (that have absolutely no links to the owner) and have done so completely legally, as CAS proved.

So City have got a lot of money that’s organic revenue, however it isn’t unlimited.

I think we’ll spend around £150m on 4/5 players, including Ake and Torres already bought and ship some out, so a net spend of maybe £90m-£100m.

Not a lot in the grand scheme of things but adding to what we have, it’ll be some squad we have next season.

Rule of thumb, don’t believe the media when they’re talking about City, even if they are using a fact they use the worst possible one in a given story to distort the wider picture, but even then sometimes they openly just lie.

Fair play to you for acknowledging that. “This means more“ didn’t occur in a vacuum though, and I’m afraid for many supporters of other clubs encapsulates all that is wrong with much of your online support and their disposition towards clubs (and by extension their supporters) that they conspicuously consider beneath them. What else is that phrase intending to convey other than a graceless, disdainful sense of superiority over others

Name me another club that would display the lack of self-awareness to deploy it?

I can only think of one.
I have to disagree and think that most of the top half of the prem clubs do try and come up with something to sell more merchandise or create "the brand". Then just degrees of cringeworthyness?
I think many fans...or maybe even most fans would look at the Liverpool slogans and shrug their shoulders, "meh" or just shake their heads. But with the ire that comes the way of Liverpool (unsurprisingly) on this forum it is used as one of the many sticks to beat "us" with.
Whenever I do see it on the hoardings around the ground I do shake my head a little and almost look back fondly to the days when you would have had boards for Greenwoods for men, Castrol GTX, The local Ford dealership around the pitch....or even better the half time/full time scores alongside letters of the alphabet.
I wonder if this sort of tosh is more bought into by those fans further from the club or area, so that they can buy into it and be part of the "brand".
Money money money

Really? you’ve been on here long enough to know that’s just lazily following a common narrative that simply is not true. Did you ‘miss’ the fact that Liverpool have a higher wage bill than City? or just airbrush it out with all the other inconvenient truths?

Are we still peddling this one?

Really? you’ve been on here long enough to know that’s just lazily following a common narrative that simply is not true. Did you ‘miss’ the fact that Liverpool have a higher wage bill than City? or just airbrush it out with all the other inconvenient truths?

Yeah, but that's real money earned the right way. Even though we don't pay the highest wages or pay the highest transfer fees we're over inflating the market and ruining football.

Otherwise intelligent people are blinded by their own wilful ignorance and tribal allegiances, facts don't back any of their allegations up the tropes are just mouthed regurgitated and repeated ad nauseam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.