Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not forgetting York away and the 500,000 blues that went, it was massive ;-)
Not forgetting York away and the 500,000 blues that went, it was massive ;-)
We couldn't get tickets for the York game, was in a shoe shop with Mrs H when they scored, I think it was the Saturday before Christmas. That was about the lowest point in my City supporting life, we binned the shopping and went for a drink instead.

Had in my mind to put York in my post but forgot so edited but you beat me to it.

We couldn't get tickets for the York game, was in a shoe shop with Mrs H when they scored, I think it was the Saturday before Christmas. That was about the lowest point in my City supporting life, we binned the shopping and went for a drink instead.

Had in my mind to put York in my post but forgot so edited but you beat me to it.
Never understand the clamour to be at York away. Like the clamour to claim to have seen the Sex Pistols at the Lesser Free Trade Hall.
Thinking about it, they were shit too and couldn't play a thing.

Last edited:
Never understand the clamour to be at York away. Like the clamour to claim to have seen the Sex Pistols at the Lesser Free Trade Hall.
Thinking about it, they were shit too, and couldn't play a thing.
I was at both. Sneaked in underage at the Lesser Free Trade Hall as I was only 7 at the time.

Last edited:
I like to see occasional posts from proper fans of other clubs. Much of the time it is good hearted banter or even congratulatory to us.
However, it is a City forum and when the chips are down our bias will always prevail.
I remember a time when commentators on MOTD used to say, "Well the top 4 will always be the top 4...".
I (along with so many more) never subscribed to this view, I believe that true competition is everything and the more teams competing for the title the better, as it makes the joy of winning it all the more satisfying.
Who wants a 2 or 3 team league?
From where we were, say losing to Oldham 2-1 at home, in what would have been the 3rd division, to the Aguerrooo moment has been beyond my wildest dreams, unbelievable!
When we won that title, we gave hope to so many, that their clubs could get to the top too.(eg Leicester).
We broke the old hierarchy that day.
And where we are now is incredible.
We don't cheat, we don't dive, we don't get in the referees' face or brick other teams buses. We just play football and screw the rest.
You know, we used to sing about being the best team in the land and all the world, we were too, in so many ways, but now we really are on top of the world and on the pitch too!
Fabulous post, Mr Grassland.

At Maine Road there was a group who sat behind us who used the sing the song;

We've got an M and A and N
a, C and I TY

We've got the greatest football team that money cannot buy

We come from Maine Road Manchester, we're going to win the League *

And when it comes around again you're sure to hear us sing

And repeat

As the years wore on one lad used to add an onomatopoeia and shout "cuckoo" after league *. Used to get a laugh every game, it's one of the reasons I love my club, the fans are and always were, self deprecating, pessimistic and funny. For a lot of us what we're witnessing now was just a dream for years and those trips to Macc, Lincoln, Grimsby, etc (I didn't make York away) made us what we are, without witnessing those days it's difficult for others to emphasise. It's why itinerant Dipper and Rag fans will never understand our support, they only picked their teams because they were winning trophies and had the best players, absolutely no other reason.
Onoat, no,
Omamap, damn
Omotapiocapooey, close enough, FFS can you use words us oiks understand. 'put a bit in' would have done.

Onoat, no,
Omamap, damn
Omotapiocapooey, close enough, FFS can you use words us oiks understand. 'put a bit in' would have done.
Lol, but the Ona thingy is important as he shouted "cuckoo" in the style of how a cuckoo does it which is the definition of an onomatopoeia, a sound made that mimics the word, like "woof". That's the best way I can describe it.

Lol, but the Ona thingy is important as he shouted "cuckoo" in the style of how a cuckoo does it which is the definition of an onomatopoeia, a sound made that mimics the word, like "woof". That's the best way I can describe it.
Thank you for the explanation, now I know what it means

I just need someone to tell me how to pronounce it :-)

Thinking about it, they were shit too, and couldn't play a thing.
Certainly far fewer were at Wrexham on the Boxing Day.

It reminds me of when 'holistic' was mentioned to the dim press corps. Because they did not know much less understand it, they decided to mock it.
They also ridiculed the word 'project' but ditched that when other clubs began to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.