Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair to liverpool they probably dont put up statues as they cant afford them.
They do present a single paint sprayed "golden samba" boot instead.
tu3xhUI.gif

Spot on.

These ('Stepping Stone' and 'Being Boring') were just two tracks from the 'Now That's What I Call Ruining Football - The Greatest Hits' album so beloved by uneducated fans of other teams, especially The Red Filth and The Anfield Road Formation Brick Throwers, who are intent on playing it on repeat ad infinitum..

Other tracks over the years have been 'Only So Much Oil In The Ground', '(You Won't Keep All Those Stars) Happy', 'Some Squads Are Bigger Than Others' and so on and so on (..ok, ok, I promise I won't labour the metaphor any further!)

If I might add to your examples the latest in the long list of these things thrown at us since August 2008, namely, the 'They've Got 2 Top Players For Every Position In Their Squad' complaint. It seems that this has caught on over recent weeks, not just with other teams' fans but also the media.

They've clearly not been keeping up with the word about club strategy and intentions that has been coming out of City for many a year now. Even David Conn (apologies to those who aren't exactly fans of his) was aware of this direction being steered by our club seven years ago when he wrote an article (August 2014) which contrasted the professionalism of Khaldoon, Begiristain and Soriano at City with the leaching of money to America from Old Trafford/the poor transfer decision-making by Woodward et al):

"Player recruitment planning looks years behind City, where the board developed a dedicated system after Mansour’s 2008 takeover, installing a director of football, now Txiki Begiristain, working with managers and directors to a stated aim of two world-class players in each position, backed by limitless cash."

Oh well, at least The Red Filth and The Anfield Road Formation Brick Throwers have caught up now.. shame they've not been asking their respective owners the important questions about City's 'dominance' in recent years - including

- 'Why are your decisions in bringing in players so poor so often?' and
- 'Where's all the money gone?'
Now where would one purchase one of these 'Now That's What I Call Ruining Football - The Greatest Hits' albums? ;-)

That **** Fowler just seen him on sky his words!!! Had medical at city drove back to Leeds decided I didn’t want to go to Maine road, met a director in the car park at Leeds he said take the money and run son this club is going under. So yes the rest is history signed for us only because Leeds were doomed and he wanted a payday smackheaded toe rag, shit penalty taking ****
Didn't win you over then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.