Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've done more than that. The Rags knocked them from 1st to 2nd, City knocked them both further down the ladder. In Liverpool's case to mid table. Liverpool's recent resurgence has seen them break surface only to see us still top dogs. The other plus is that when you've viewed a team as ours as a bit of a joke for many years, it's that much harder taking the defeats.
Whilst not going as far as thinking City were a joke. I must confess to almost taking a win against City for granted when I was growing up. Of course that changed one time when my old man took me to a game against City and we lost 1-3 at Anfield.
I recall standing up when City scored the 3rd at the Kop end and saying "bloody hell" (I was young and this was as extreme as it got then).....and seeign my old man looking daggers at me for "swearing".
It takes defeats and periods of poor form to make us all aprreciate what we have and where we all stand.
In my Saturday job in Chester I worked with a couple of season ticket Chester fans and that gave me a persepctive on what being a supporter is all about.
You support your team through good and bad and be happy when things are going well but always be prepared to see others doing better...same as in life.
So fair play City, lets hope next season we can catch up.

Nearly every post on the City thread on Rawk says we don’t enjoy our success and no one cares about us. Trust me, I fucking love being the best team in England. I don’t need some scouse **** telling me that I don’t enjoy our success. This team is a joy to watch, but I do prefer watching Stuart Pearces side, I must admit.
That is more an indication of what they feel, in order to psychologically deal with our success they console themselves with the fake thought that we don’t enjoy it! The “no one cares about us” line is really interesting, I am sure psychologists would have a field day with that one. By definition football is tribal so a fan should only care about their own club and either feel an indifference, an affinity or jealousy to other clubs, yet if you truly feel an indifference why would you bother repeatedly keep saying so? Obviously the true feeling is one of the other two reasons and I think I know which one!

That is more an indication of what they feel, in order to psychologically deal with our success they console themselves with the fake thought that we don’t enjoy it! The “no one cares about us” line is really interesting, I am sure psychologists would have a field day with that one. By definition football is tribal so a fan should only care about their own club and either feel an indifference, an affinity or jealousy to other clubs, yet if you truly feel an indifference why would you bother repeatedly keep saying so? Obviously the true feeling is one of the other two reasons and I think I know which one!
Pretty sure I can think of at least one other option

The “no one cares about us” line is really interesting, I am sure psychologists would have a field day with that one. By definition football is tribal so a fan should only care about their own club and either feel an indifference, an affinity or jealousy to other clubs, yet if you truly feel an indifference why would you bother repeatedly keep saying so? Obviously the true feeling is one of the other two reasons and I think I know which one!
There are things in this world I am genuinely indifferent to, and I certainly don’t waste any of my precious time talking about them.

For comical value, it’s got to be up there with fans who never go to games commenting on our crowds and our owners being called murderers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.