Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any other team and the Mane elbow would be a red card. In this instance it wasn't even looked at to avoid embarrassment and the risk that the on field ref would change his mind.The bias towards them permeates every level of English football through the media, the administration of the game, the refs and the VARs. Overhauling them will be a near impossible task but because when they are having an off day other forces will be at play to help them out.

I await the first pundit on MOTD to day "You know what, one way to stop Liverpool might be to rough up some of their players. Ramos showed that Salah doesn't like the physical stuff and Robertson, Arnold, Mane seem to get an easy ride from opposition players."

When we were dominating that's what some pundits suggested and over the next couple of months there were about a dozen bad tackles on our players. It's as if the opposition have been warned pre match that one strong tackle against the dippers and it's early bath time. The fact that they have put out almost the same eleven for three seasons, seems to suggest the opposition are going easy on them.

tbh I think we've lost the war to lfc. Sure we've won record titles and cups, broken recordfs all the way through but from what I see lfc are the new Utd with the media support and nothing will stop that gravy train.

Sure we'll be allowed to be the Arsenal/Chelsea to Utds but I think if we get too big again we're going to get as much shit as we've had the for the last 4 years

It's been an education, I can now see how teams like lfc, utd, barca, juve stay top. Massive media support and massive clickbait keeps them there if they're good enough... No other teams stand a chance really

But we'll see, City have a massive financial backing, and just like the media push for the clickbait clubs to be top we can disrupt that with just spending.

On a separate note... Can someone answer this - Why are City accused of being bankrolled by a country and having the resources of the Middle East, but FFP actually dictates that we CVANNOT spend more than Utd???! Seems odd to me that no fucker in the media has highlighted this, unless I am missing something :?

But what it always comes down to that mystifies me is....there can be more than one good team! You lot seem to take it as a personal offense, like it's a zero-sum situation where if one team is good it's a slight on Guardiola or your players.

No, mate, most of us are not at all offended by the team. It's a bloody good one. You were favoured by VAR in the early part of last season, but not to the tune of 18 points or even close to it. Anybody saying the contrary is living in cloud cuckoo land. You were by far and away the best team. The table does not lie.
No, it's getting your supporters' coach bricked that offends me. It's getting your players' coach trashed (and no-one whatsoever arrested by Merseyside police). It's phrases like "This means more" which is symptomatic of a level of arrogance that even our quiet neighbours the rags don't quite aspire to. It's the hysterical cult-like tone that is required on RAWK, and the likes of which I honestly do not see on any other forum. It's the (mainly justified) anger about Hillsborough, and the deafening silence about Heysel that offends me. And above all, it is the unrelenting, astonishing fawning by the media which, surprise, surprise, is made up of a disproportionate number of former Liverpool players, at least on television, some of whom have never said an interesting thing about football in their lives, despite having known how to play it.
Not being Manchester born and bred, I have nothing against the town of Liverpool. I even used to quite like going over there, many years ago. I like the jokes about scousers, but that's just banter.
It's not your team that poses a problem for many supporters up and down the country. Not just City fans. It's your club, and its perceived attitude.

No, mate, most of us are not at all offended by the team. It's a bloody good one. You were favoured by VAR in the early part of last season, but not to the tune of 18 points or even close to it. Anybody saying the contrary is living in cloud cuckoo land. You were by far and away the best team. The table does not lie.
No, it's getting your supporters' coach bricked that offends me. It's getting your players' coach trashed (and no-one whatsoever arrested by Merseyside police). It's phrases like "This means more" which is symptomatic of a level of arrogance that even our quiet neighbours the rags don't quite aspire to. It's the hysterical cult-like tone that is required on RAWK, and the likes of which I honestly do not see on any other forum. It's the (mainly justified) anger about Hillsborough, and the deafening silence about Heysel that offends me. And above all, it is the unrelenting, astonishing fawning by the media which, surprise, surprise, is made up of a disproportionate number of former Liverpool players, at least on television, some of whom have never said an interesting thing about football in their lives, despite having known how to play it.
Not being Manchester born and bred, I have nothing against the town of Liverpool. I even used to quite like going over there, many years ago. I like the jokes about scousers, but that's just banter.
It's not your team that poses a problem for many supporters up and down the country. Not just City fans. It's your club, and its perceived attitude.
Take a bow

Well that can't be right as we're ruining football........
Of course we are. They see themselves as being the biggest in football and therefore they have spend more. And when we gain 100 points and a domestic clean sweep they have to spend to beat our achievements - or try to. Its always our our fault ruining everything.

Thanks for your reply and finally, well done.
1 day and 50kwh of nuclear energy later you agree SM's foul is a red card (and he shouldn't be on the pitch to equalize) and the winner shouldn't stand for handball.
Now the truth is, no 3 match ban for your best man
and 3 points for your next title. And no one cares.

We'll talk again after your next glorious match and see how many points were disputable then.

Well, not the cup match vs Arsenal obviously where your full U20 will be involved...
I think it was actually just over the hour before I responded, so maybe only 2kwh of nuclear energy.
I also think I actually said I thought it deserved a certain yellow....but on another day maybe a red. Having watched it a couple of times now I think I would stick with a yellow...but then that is my red tinted spectacles on.

I think it was actually just over the hour before I responded, so maybe only 2kwh of nuclear energy.
I also think I actually said I thought it deserved a certain yellow....but on another day maybe a red. Having watched it a couple of times now I think I would stick with a yellow...but then that is my red tinted spectacles on.
Definitely... it was assault FFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.