Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do feel they collectively forget that van Dijk wasn't actually injured all season and was playing when Villa absolutely dicked them 7-2 in one of the single worst defensive performances I've ever seen from a team
Oh yeah they all conveniently forget that.

Van Dijk is good but he has been built up into this inigma now, a one man team that will automatically propel them back to title when he gets back. Wow there is so much pressure on him to live up to all that. it will be interesting to see.

Van Dijk is good but he has been built up into this inigma now, a one man team that will automatically propel them back to title when he gets back. Wow there is so much pressure on him to live up to all that. it will be interesting to see.
He was seriously overhyped the moment he put pen to paper for the dippers, exactly the same as when someone signs for the rags. The media in this country idolise the two red shirts but have a distinct ‘meh’ attitude towards us.

A lot of cult FC supporters seem to be very annoyed at Dias winning player of the year
Almost as if because Van Dijk won it last year no other central defender is allowed to win it ever again
I asked one today what was wrong with Dias winning it and who does he think deserved it, he said Harry Kane

they’re an odd bunch

A lot of cult FC supporters seem to be very annoyed at Dias winning player of the year
Almost as if because Van Dijk won it last year no other central defender is allowed to win it ever again
I asked one today what was wrong with Dias winning it and who does he think deserved it, he said Harry Kane

they’re an odd bunch
Absolute fucking loons

Indeed they do. Yes there are many that build people up to be so much more than they are. There are though very few who can then live up to that hype, VVD being one of them.
You then have people with short memories or with a complete lack of awareness of "istree".
VVD may have been good in previous seasons, he may get back to that previous form, but there is also the possibility that he may never be the player he was. Down through the years there have been promising players (Brian Clough) and proven stars (Colin Bell) who have had bad injuries and have never been able to re-capture those highs/standards.

What VVD did in past seasons, Dias has taken on. Shown how a classy defender can shape your team, give them confidence and allow them to play more. Dias, in my view, head a shoulders above the rest and clear and worthy winner this year.

Indeed they do. Yes there are many that build people up to be so much more than they are. There are though very few who can then live up to that hype, VVD being one of them.
You then have people with short memories or with a complete lack of awareness of "istree".
VVD may have been good in previous seasons, he may get back to that previous form, but there is also the possibility that he may never be the player he was. Down through the years there have been promising players (Brian Clough) and proven stars (Colin Bell) who have had bad injuries and have never been able to re-capture those highs/standards.

What VVD did in past seasons, Dias has taken on. Shown how a classy defender can shape your team, give them confidence and allow them to play more. Dias, in my view, head a shoulders above the rest and clear and worthy winner this year.
Having read a fair amount of your contributions,you come across very well - level headed,balanced and not at all self indulged or wallowing in self pity.....i'm not convinced you are a Dipper! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.