Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed they do. Yes there are many that build people up to be so much more than they are. There are though very few who can then live up to that hype, VVD being one of them.
You then have people with short memories or with a complete lack of awareness of "istree".
VVD may have been good in previous seasons, he may get back to that previous form, but there is also the possibility that he may never be the player he was. Down through the years there have been promising players (Brian Clough) and proven stars (Colin Bell) who have had bad injuries and have never been able to re-capture those highs/standards.

What VVD did in past seasons, Dias has taken on. Shown how a classy defender can shape your team, give them confidence and allow them to play more. Dias, in my view, head a shoulders above the rest and clear and worthy winner this year.
Wow! Genuinely never come across a Liverpool fan with an unbiased view.

Liverpool will be the most interesting team to watch next season for me. Obviously they had the injuries to contend with last season, but I’m not sure I buy into the theory most Liverpool fans seem to have that an injury free season will lead to an easy title and knocking on the door of 100 points again. I still think Klopp works his teams very hard and with a smaller squad, burnout is a real issue.

We have a transfer window to go, and if Klopp refreshes the squad sufficiently on a budget and Liverpool did have a season like that, it would be a minor miracle. It would certainly impress me more than anything else he has achieved.

It's nothing we didn't already know - it's just yet another unpleasant fact for the dippers to refuse to acknowledge - again.

To stand on a soapbox and point accusing fingers at another clubs' sponsors while their own sponsors are behaving in such an unscrupulous manner does not come as any surprise to the rest of the sporting universe: far from it, from that foul, obnoxious club it is only to be expected.
For a club that printed tee shirts publicly supporting a racist with an unhealthy penchant for dining on the limbs of opposing players, this is just brick in the wall of everyone else's education regarding the dippers and their followers.

Indeed they do. Yes there are many that build people up to be so much more than they are. There are though very few who can then live up to that hype, VVD being one of them.
You then have people with short memories or with a complete lack of awareness of "istree".
VVD may have been good in previous seasons, he may get back to that previous form, but there is also the possibility that he may never be the player he was. Down through the years there have been promising players (Brian Clough) and proven stars (Colin Bell) who have had bad injuries and have never been able to re-capture those highs/standards.

What VVD did in past seasons, Dias has taken on. Shown how a classy defender can shape your team, give them confidence and allow them to play more. Dias, in my view, head a shoulders above the rest and clear and worthy winner this year.
flippin' 'eck mate,carry on like this and you'll be getting invited to Bluemoon piss-ups soon.

It's nothing we didn't already know - it's just yet another unpleasant fact for the dippers to refuse to acknowledge - again.

To stand on a soapbox and point accusing fingers at another clubs' sponsors while their own sponsors are behaving in such an unscrupulous manner does not come as any surprise to the rest of the sporting universe: far from it, from that foul, obnoxious club it is only to be expected.
For a club that printed tee shirts publicly supporting a racist with an unhealthy penchant for dining on the limbs of opposing players, this is just brick in the wall of everyone else's education regarding the dippers and their followers.
We don’t need no education!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.